Fall Festival - We need your Help!!!!
- We still need more donations for pizza (last year we spent about $170 on pizza).
- We need kids to continue to bring in canned drinks.
- We need LOTS of items for our baskets. We get 100% of the proceeds and this is where we can make the most money for our kids.
- Thanks to Mrs. Hughes, Mr. Cavender, Mrs. Hutchison, Mrs. Early, and the Storments for volunteering to work in our booth. I still need workers from 6-7 pm and one from 4-5 pm, and one from 5-6. If you are willing, please email Mrs. Brown and let me know what times you are available to help in our booth.
The baskets are looking better! Thanks to everyone who is bringing items! I attached pictures of what we have going so that you can get an idea of what to purchase if you have not been shopping yet. The Sports/Outdoors basket only has 2 movie tickets and a basketball and chilly togger so far.
(by Science class)
1st Period -Chef's Basket
2nd Period – Sports/Outdoors Basket
3rd Period – Sports/Outdoors Basket
4th Period – Christmas Basket (I painted a few signs that I can donate to this basket)
6th Period – Sports/Outdoors Basket
7th Period – Sports/Outdoors Basket
** by no means do you have to stick to this schedule - we are happy to get anything!!
Please send items for the baskets ASAP or by September 30th at the latest so we have time to get them put together. If you will e-mail Mrs. Brown items you are planning to donate, that would greatly decrease her stress level!
Looking much better! And I know a couple more people are bringing items for this basket as well.
Ho Ho Ho
Still need some more Christmas stuff!
Any more cute stuff would be awesome!
- Friday, Oct. 2 - Picture Day
- Saturday, Oct. 3 - Fall Festival 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at the high school - Live country band from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Monday, Oct. 5 - Fair Day - No School
- Thursday, Oct. 8 - Progress Reports
- Oct. 13 - Oct. 14 - Quarterly Tests (see schedule below)
- Wednesday, October 14 - College Day (more information below)
College Day - Wednesday, October 14
In order to increase college awareness among our students, we are going to have a College Day once a quarter. On Wednesday, October 14, we will celebrate different universities and colleges. During this time, our 8th graders will learn about things they will encounter at the high school (GPA, SAT test, ACT test, graduation endorsements, scholarship opportunities, and much more).
On College Day, the students are welcome to wear college attire, including a college hat. We look forward to this being a fun time and for the students to learn more about the possibilities that lie before them!
Mrs. Brown will have her "guns up"! What a lucky break for TCU at the last second to win last Saturdays game!!! Darn it!
Mrs. Duncan's Alma Mater! Southeastern Oklahoma State University provides an environment of academic excellence that enables students to reach their highest potential.
Mrs. Jones' son and money go to the University of Arkansas!
Please be sure your child is completing their Study Island assignment. Assignments are posted on Monday and due the following Monday.
Math & Algebra News:
All students are able to make test corrections, but students scoring below a 70 must come to a tutoring session to ensure that they will master the material. Test corrections must be turned in within 5 days of getting the test back. The volume test corrections are due by Friday, October 2nd.
Study Island is assigned weekly in math. They are posted on Tuesdays, and due the following Monday.
US History News:
Reminder: the Constitution & Amendment Study Island is due next Wednesday, 10/7.
Currently, we are walking through the writing process. Each step is represented by a tool that can help them put together their papers. As you can see below, the first step was to dissect the prompt. Once the students complete the writing portion, they will move on to the final stage of the unit, the creative stage.