For the week of December 31 - January 4
- Lapeer Community Schools is a dynamic community organization embracing our students with a quality learning environment, developing independent and confident learners for the future.
We think that each one of us is strong individually but we are even stronger when we work together.
Taking the time to acknowledge the kind deeds of others is...
...being Turrill Tough!!
Parent Drop off and PickUp Reminders
- Please remain in your car and have your children enter/exit on the side nearest the sidewalk.
- Have your children unbuckle and prepare for exiting your car as you pull forward to the drop off
- Please pull forward as far as you can
- Merge to the pass through lane after dropping off or picking up your children
- If you have to exit your vehicle please use a parking space
Excellence in all we do for our students, our schools and our community through
- Continuous improvement;
- Diligent effort; and
- Innovative design
Office Hours during the School Year:8:15 am -- Office opens
8:35 am -- Student supervision outside of school begins (please do not leave your child unsupervised)
8:40 am -- Building opens; Students enter the building (breakfast available in the classrooms)
8:44 am -- School day begins
3:40 pm -- End of the school day
4:15 pm -- Office closes
What's Up this Week?
Monday, December 31 -
- No School
- Rooting for the Spartans to beat Oregon!
- Getting ready for the New Year!!
Tuesday, January 1 -
- No School
- The first day of a bright New Year!
Wednesday, January 2 -
- No School
- Getting ready to get back to school tomorrow
Thursday, January 3
- Back to School today
- Good News Club after school
Friday, January 4 -
- PTC sponsored Popcorn Day
Opportunity Night at Lapeer High School
Monday, Jan. 14th 2019 at 5:30-8pm
933 South Saginaw Street
Parents and Students:
We are proud to announce that Lapeer is hosting an Opportunity Night on Monday, January 14th from 5:30-8:00pm! The purpose of this event is to provide our community with an opportunity to learn more about the wide variety of programming we offer 6-12. Understanding the various opportunities at this level will enable you to help guide your son/daughter’s academic decisions, enabling you, in conjunction with our counseling and teaching staff, to create a plan that is unique and addresses his/her interests, aptitudes and aspirations. Now is the time to plan!
At Lapeer High School, there will be representatives from all of our programs. Beginning at 5:30 with a general presentation in the auditorium, you will have the chance to sit in on up to four educational sessions lasting about 25 minutes each in a small group setting. In addition, you will be able to check out and gather information about our clubs, groups and departments in the cafeteria during the entire evening.
This is your opportunity to learn more about the CHOICES at Lapeer Community Schools! Come check us out!
For more information, check out Lapeer Community School’s website or contact Jan Ciaramella at (810)667-2418 or email@example.com.
2nd Grade Visited by the Paradise Rescue
From The Rescue:
Mrs. Oliver and Mrs. Christian, your 2nd grade class rocks!!
Cassie (a puppy who's available for adoption) and Larraine Edwards, President of Paradise, went to Turrill Elementary School today where the 2nd grade class, in lieu of gift exchanges, decided to bring in items from Paradise's wish list to donate to the animals!!
Larraine said, "I was so very proud to meet each one of the children. They were all very good with Cassie, and Cassie was more than thrilled to receive pets and handshakes from each and every one.
In addition to all the awesome gifts of supplies, they also collected $10, which is no small feat for 2nd graders!!"