Holicong Middle School
Updates From Mr. Bucher
Middle School Orientation Scheduled for Tuesday, March 5 at 7 PM
CB East JV and Varsity Cheerleaders
Congratulations to the CB East JV and Varsity cheerleaders for taking home first place at the suburban one league cheerleading competition. On February 16, the cheerleaders exhibited a high degree of CB Pride!
From The Health Office.....
For 7th grade students currently in PE classes (and their parents):
Scoliosis screening will be performed on Tues., Wed. and Fri. (March 5th, 6th and 8th) DURING PE class. The screening is a visual inspection of the back so students are encouraged to wear something easy to remove and put back on. Girls are encouraged to wear a sports bra, cami, or bathing suit top under their school clothes.
Parents - If you DO NOT WANT your 7th grade student screened for scoliosis, please send a note to Mrs. Radice, Holicong's School Nurse, by Tuesday or Wednesday AM.
Please contact Mrs. Radice with any questions or concerns. (267-893-2740 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
9th Grade Assessment
After many months of preparation, students proudly presented their assessment arguments to a panel of teachers. Prior to the presentations, students were excited and anxious at the same time. Afterwards, while enjoying some snacks, there was an extreme sense of relief as they reflected on the work that they did over the past few months.
Rubric grades will be shared with students in the coming weeks. The overall 9th grade assessment score will appear on 3rd marking period report cards. If there are any specific questions regarding your child's 9th grade assessment, please contact Mr. Rittenhouse or Mrs. delRosario at 267-893-2700.
Writing PSSA Tests For 8th Grade Students Are Scheduled For March 11, 12, and 13.
Do You Drop Off or Pick Up Your Child?
It is important for everyone to follow orderly and safe procedures for arrival and dismissal. Please read these guidelines and review them regularly with your child. The directional arrows for student drop-off and pick-up this year are on the side of the building near the tennis courts (opposite end of the building side where the office is located). Please observe the following:
- Do not drop off your child in the morning or make arrangements to pick your child up at the end of the day near the office entrance. THIS IS VERY UNSAFE.
- Do not enter the bus entrance between 6:30 A.M. and 8:15 A.M. and between 2:00 P.M. and 3:15 P.M.
- Keep moving at a safe, slow pace until you reach the drop-off/pick-up area. Stop only for safety, courtesy and drop-off/pick-up. Drop-off and pick-up for arrival and dismissal is never at the school office area. It takes place on the side near the tennis courts.
- Use the full turn-around as designated. Do not use the tennis courts as a turn-around.
- Pull fully into the drop-off/pick-up zone in the correct direction. Students should never be dropped off or picked up in an area where they must walk in front of cars. Students should not be dropped off or picked up on the way into the drop-off/pick-up area. Please only use the “curb cut-out” area.
- Upon exiting the designated drop-off/pick-up area, it is strongly recommended that you turn right onto Holicong Road and travel towards Route 202. This eliminates a great deal of congestion in the drop-off/pick-up area and on Holicong Road.
- Please note the “Reduced Speed” signs on Holicong Road during times of student arrival and dismissal.
We appreciate your cooperation!
Upcoming Musical Performances
Please don't miss Holicong's upcoming performances of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. Performances are scheduled as follows:
Thursday, March 7 at 7 PM
Friday, March 8 at 7 PM
Saturday, March 9 at 2 PM and 7 PM
Tickets for the shows are $10 for reserved seats, which are the front, more central sections of the auditorium. General admission seats are $5, which are good for all other sections of the auditorium on a first come, first served basis.
Advanced ticket orders for Holicong families can be sent home with students once they are received and processed. We also can hold ticket orders at will call for each show. If anyone has questions or specific requests about ticket orders, they should contact our ticket coordinator, Mrs. Madden (email@example.com). Students will also be able to buy tickets at designated lunches the week of March 4th.
Order forms for all shows can be found on Holicong's Website.
Board Meeting Briefs
At the February 26, 2013 School Board Meeting, the Central Bucks School District School Board:
1. Heard the Jazz West performance before the school board meeting.
2. Heard the Academic Spotlight about the Naviance Report from Michael Curtis, Counselor at CB West, and Taryn Barrett, Counselor at CB South.
3. Heard the Superintendent’s Report and Curriculum, Finance, Human Resources, and MBIT Committee Reports.
4. Approved School Board Minutes.
5. Approved Treasurer’s Report.
6. Approved contract with Public Financial Management (PFM) for Financial Advisor Services as the District looks to restructure its debt.
7. Tabled School Board Policy 806 – Child Student Abuse so that proposed policy can be posted on-line and discussed at appropriate committee meetings.
8. Approved various personnel items, student trips, and staff workshops.
9. Received the Semi-Annual Rating of Elementary and Secondary Temporary Professional Employees