Week at a Glance
I can't believe it's Labor Day weekend! It seems like summer just began! It wouldn't be Labor Day weekend without a cookout and that's exactly what I went to yesterday. Good food. Good fun! Today I'm heading to the TinCaps game for one last game of the season. It's been a wild baseball season with games rained out and having to wear a coat to the games . . . even in August!
While I'm sad to see summer activities come to a close, I look forward to Fall. I enjoy seeing the leaves turn color and going to all the fun festivals that happen this time of the year.
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
- Labor Day--No School
- Lockdown drill
- Josh at WC
- 7:30 a.m.--case conference--Jessica, Patrice, Deb, & Karen
- 2:50 p.m.--staff meeting with Ann
- Josh at WC
- 8:30 a.m.--Student of the Week nominations due
- 2:00 p.m.--meeting--Karen & Josh
- 3:30 p.m.--district PD--AdvancED visit information; room 612 ENHS
- Josh at RC all day
- 7:15 a.m.--Grandparent's Day
- 8:30 a.m.--3rd grade weekly notes due
- STAFF MEETING: Ann will be visiting our school this Wednesday to discuss the middle school project. We will meet in the MP room at 2:50 p.m.
- DISTRICT PD SESSION: The focus of the district PD session on Thursday is the upcoming AdvancED on site review that will occur in the spring. This would be a good session for teachers to attend in order learn what needs to be done in preparation of the visit.
- GRANDPARENT'S DAY: Grandparent's Day is Friday! As we have done in the past, work hours will be shifted so classrooms are open at 7:15 a.m. for grandparents to visit. Teachers can then leave early on Friday to account for the early arrival. Please have an activity for the students and grandparents to do together. PAC will be providing breakfast (milk, juice, & donuts) for the grandparents and students in the cafeteria and gym. LOTS of reservations have been sent in so we are expecting a huge turnout for the event! Yeah! It would be helpful if staff members would park in the back parking lot on Friday to open up as many parking spots up front for our guests.
I have seen great progress with staff members stating rules in positive terms these last few weeks. ex. "Please walk." "Use a quiet voice." I have also seen staff members be good role models by making requests to students in a respectful manner. ex. "When you are finished eating, please throw your trash away." The students are responding in a positive way, and that's just what we want! I appreciate all your efforts!