The Weekly Howl
St. Francis Catholic School - Friday, December 13th
Dear Parents & Friends of SFCS,
Whether you run in the race or not you can still bring the family in the car loop in front of the school between 10:00am and 12:00pm. There will be many games and activities for the children.
A BIG thank you to Julie Pavlick, Megan Drescher, Kristen Hanagan, Tina Rohr and all volunteers who have worked hard in preparing these events. Also thank you to all the families who have donated items.
Sunday at 9:00am is out last School Family Mass of the decade! We would love to have a large school presence at this mass. Please have the students in their mass uniform.
Next week the students and faculty will be busy working with Mrs. Sweeney in preparing for our annual Advent Concert. The concert will begin promptly at 6:00pm on Thursday, December 19th. All students, except for Kindergarten, needs to report to the Middle School hallway by 5:50pm at the latest so they can process in. Kindergarten students need to meet in the Fine Arts Building at 5:15pm. Students should be dressed up in church holiday attire.
The next morning Santa will be visiting SFCS for the annual FSA's Breakfast with Santa. The schedule for classes is below. Parents and younger siblings are welcome to attend and have breakfast with their child(ren). Thank you Sara Boyden for coordinating the event this year and to the Knights of Columbus in cooking the breakfast.
On Friday students may wear green, red or holiday themed shirts, socks, hair accessories, etc. with their uniform pants, skirts or jumpers.
Looking forward to our last week together of 2019 before we break for Christmas!
Week of 12/15 - 12/21/2019
- Happy Birthday Natalie Schoeppe!!!
- 3rd Sunday of Advent
- 9:00am: School Family Mass
- 8:15 - 11:10am: Advent Concert Practices
- 3:15pm: Jr. Girls Basketball Practice
- 4:30pm: Jr. Boys Basketball Practice
- 5:00pm: Sr. Girls Basketball Game vs. Riverview at Lady's Island Middle School
- 6:00pm: Sr. Boys Basketball Game vs. Riverview at Lady's Island Middle School
Tuesday, December 17th
- 9:00am - 1:30pm: Advent Concert Rehearsals
- 3:15pm: Sr. Girls Basketball Practice
- 4:30pm: Sr. Boys Basketball Practice
- 6:00 - 7:30pm: Confirmation 2 - Youth Group (Multipurpose Facility)
- 7:45 - 8:05am: Bank In School
- 10:00am: School Mass
- 11:00am: SAC Catholic Identity Committee Meeting
- 11:00am - 2:30pm: Advent Concert Rehearsals
- 1:00 - 2:30pm: Zoara the Comfort Dog
- 1:00 - 2:30pm: Chris Bray 6th & 7th Grade
- 3:15 - 4:00pm: Faculty Meeting
Thursday, December 19th
- 1:00 - 2:45pm: Advent Concert Dress Rehearsal
- 6:00pm: Advent Concert (Multipurpose Facility)
- 7:25am: Faculty Advent Prayer/ Reflection
- 7:35am: Faculty Prayer
- 8:15 - 10:30am: Breakfast with Santa (See schedule below)
- 1:30 - 2:30pm: MS Christmas Party in Gym
1/6: School Open - 1st Day Back in 2020
1/6 - 1/24: MAP Winter testing window
1/8: 3:15 - 4:00pm - Faculty Meeting
1/8: 4:30 - 6:00pm - SAC Meeting
1/9: 8:00am - FSA Board Meeting
1/14: End of 2nd Quarter
1/15: Bank in School
1/16: 2:00pm - JPIICS Visit to 8th Grade (Library)
1/17: 1:45pm - Geography Bee
1/18: KOC Spaghetti Dinner
1/20: School Closed - MLK Day
1/22: 3:15 - 4:00pm - Faculty Meeting
1/23: 2:00pm - Dr. Jankoski Parent Meeting (More info TBA)
1/24: 8:00am - PreK & K Parent Coffee
1/26 - 2/1: Catholic Schools Week
Pre - Kindergarten
2nd Grade - Media Science
The Second Grade had an opportunity to explore States of Matter during an interactive video lesson with the “Roper Mountain Science Center” from Greenville, SC. The lesson was fun and the experiments were WONDERFUL! (Ask your child to do the “States of Matter” dance!) Skills, drills, and frills in a nutshell!
Lost and Found
Advent - A Time of Joyful Preparation
Breakfast With Santa Schedule
- 8:15 - 9:00am: PreK, Kindergarten & 1st Grade
- 8:45 - 9:30am: 2nd, 3rd & 4th Grade
- 9:15 - 10:00am: 5th & 6th Grade
- 9:45 - 10:30am: 7th & 8th Grade
Check Out the December FSA Newsletter
I hope you all have marked your calendars for this years gala and first ever golf tournament! Both events will take place on Saturday, March 14, 2020. Kick off your afternoon with a round of golf at Palmetto Hall golf course followed by an evening of casino games, prizes, dancing, dinner and live and silent auctions at the Vegas Casino Night Gala in the St. Francis Multi-Purpose building.
The golf tournament will begin at 1pm and the cost to play is $100 per golfer or you can get a group of friends together and take advantage of our discounted foursome price at $380.00. Once you sink your putt on the 18th hole, make your way over to the Multi-Purpose building for Vegas Casino Night! This years gala will be from 6pm to 11pm. Get your early bird gala ticket for $65 per person! Tickets for both events will be available for purchase on Monday, January 13th, 2020. After February 14th, gala tickets can be purchased for $80 per person, so don't wait! You will be able to purchase tickets for both events in both the school and parish office as well as online through the Greater Giving Website.
We can't do this without the help of all the parents and friends of St. Francis Catholic School. There are so many ways you can help - find a gala sponsor, ask a local business for a silent auction item or advertisement, or donate your time to help with the planning and execution of the golf tournament and gala.
Packets will be sent home with each student after the Christmas break that will include this years sponsorship levels, letters to new and returning businesses, and a donation letter and receipt.
You will find links below for all the paperwork that will be included in the packet. There is no need to wait!
If you have any question please feel free to contact myself or Julie Pavlick.
Gala Chair/Golf Co-Chair
JPIICS Sailing Team
The John Paul II sailing team, consisting of Thomas Mazzeo, Neil Bunce and Andrew Todesco, competed in the two-day Great Oaks Invitational Regatta in New Orleans, a national level regatta for new or developing sailing teams.
On Day 1, John Paul II sailed to two 1st place finishes of twelve races, finishing the first day in 6th place.
According to JPII coach Lisa Mazzeo, Day 2 was tougher due to the advanced placement of JPII with the best teams and windy conditions. “Racing was postponed because of light and shifty winds,” said Coach Mazzeo. “As usual, schools that practice in the light and shifty winds of inland lakes do better in these conditions with John Paul II finishing 12th out of the twenty-eight schools.” The boys spent their breaks, and even the postponements, on the water rafted up in their boats with the other schools and making new friends.
During their time in New Orleans, the JPII sailors and chaperones went to the National World War II museum, practiced on Lake Pontchartrain, and enjoyed fresh beignets from Cafe Du Monde.
To learn more about JPII, mark your calendars for the school’s annual Open House on Sunday, January 26, from 12 – 2pm. Prospective families are invited to presentations and campus tours. Sunday Mass will be at 11am in the Athletic Center for anyone wishing to attend.
- Saturday, December 7th - (KOC Tip Off Classic, Michael P. White, Advent Wreath Blessing, Jessie Tree, Advent Calendar, Candy Cane Gram, School Pictures, Thrift Store Shopping, Reindeer Run, Parish Info, Catholic Schools History, Community Info).
- Saturday, November 30th - (Advent info, Advent Activities, Tip-Off Classic, Bottle Cap update, Candy Cane Gram, School Pictures Ordering, Michael P. White, Thrift Store Shopping Permission Slip, FSA Info, Community Info)
- Saturday, November 23rd - (Zoara the Comfort Dog, MS Dance, Ext. Care Projection, Michael P. White Order Form, JPIICS Prin. Meet & Greet, Confirmandi Reminder, eProve Survey, FSA Newsletter, Christmas Festival Tickets, FSA Partners Info, JPIICS News, Community Info)
- Friday, November 17th - (Flu Vaccine Clinic, Updated Uniform Policy, Washington DC, WOSF Cookbook, Spirit Day, JPII Meet & Greet, eProve Parent Survey, Pottery Jam Pictures, Reinder Run Update, FSA Community Service Flyer, Community Info)