RES Staff Update
March 5-9, 2018
Staff Dress for This Week
Monday-Jeans with western wear (It's Chili Cook-off Day)
Tuesday-Team Shirt Tuesday with jeans or professional dress
Friday-Robison Spirit Day--jeans with spirit shirt
The interview process for our new assistant principal kicks off on Tuesday. The first round of interviews will continue through the week after Spring Break. We will be interviewing approximately 10 candidates. The panel will recommend their top choices, and then Courtney and I will invite those candidates back for a second round. We are aiming to make a recommendation by March 29. Thank you to everyone who offered to be a part of this committee. Your interview committee in addition to Courtney and me includes Julie Kastor, Jamie Herridge, Connie Kubis, Veronica Sims, Gina Marlow, Jane Balsam, and Roshunda Knight.
Rocket Fest (Friday, March 23, 5 to 9 pm)
Thank you to everyone who attended and hosted the LA Vertical team meeting. It was great to see the leadership of our staff. It was a productive meeting that allowed all of us to gather insight on the progress of our writing curriculum.
Thank you to all staff who hosted an E-track group. I know our students enjoyed this time thoroughly. I hope you enjoyed the personal connections you were able to make with students you might not typically interact with on a daily basis. Our final E-track sessions will take place in May (May 2, 9, 23 & 24). You will be able to either offer the same course or something new.
Blended Learning Classroom Observations
The GEM Grant information below is a great opportunity to support an initiative such as blended learning!
Calendar Reminders and Updates
Friday, March 9: PTO General Meeting in the cafeteria (9:30 am) and 4th & 5th Grade Growth & Development courses during large group
Monday, March 19: Teachers visit Kirk Elementary (9:00 to 11:00 am)
Tuesday, April 3: Robison/Hamilton Chess Tournament (5:00 to 8:00 pm)
Wednesday, April 4: 5th-grade science data meeting (originally scheduled for April 5)
Wednesday, April 18: Kindergarten & Pre-K Registration
Tuesday, May 1: Robison Multicultural Festival (6:00 to 7:30 pm)
Saturday, May 12: Father/Daughter Dance (Not a PTO event)
Upcoming Benchmark Testing
March 26: 3rd & 4th Math
March 27: 3rd & 4th Reading
March 28: 5th Science
- The 4th (?) Annual Robison Chili Cook-Off will take place on Monday, March 5. Each team may have one entry. District staff from Spillane Middle School will serve as our judges!
- Staff meeting on Thursday, March 8 at 7:40 am.
- Spring Break: March 12-16!
- Staff Appreciation begins Monday, April 2. We will celebrate our staff every Monday in April. Stay tuned for details!
Superintendent's Fun Run
New info: Staff members who participate and purchase a t-shirt may wear that shirt on Thursdays in April (we'll have jeans days on Mondays in April for Staff Appreciation) and Mondays in May!
The district has made some changes to this wonderful event which supports the Cy-Fair Educational Foundation, beginning with reduced prices. There is even a "sleep-in" option for those that just want to support the event but are unable to be there, or who don't really want to walk or run. Our very own Robison Runners will be participating, so consider joining in with our students and families. Dr. Henry always awards the campuses with the highest participation. Let's be a winner this year!
The following information was shared at our DLT meeting:
· This year’s event has a 5k and a 1 mile, family-friendly run, with more affordable pricing.
· The 5k offers an adult and student cost. The 1 mile is $5 for each participant.
· Shirts can be purchased for $10 and are the same soft fabric as in previous years. This year the color is grey.
· The sleep-in pass is an option for those who know they cannot attend the race on March 24 but would still like to make a donation to the event. Your campus or department will get credit for this as a participant.
· Additional donations to the event can be made on the registration form.
· Individuals whose registrations/donations total or exceed $100.00 will be part of the Superintendent’s Century Club and will receive special recognition at the event.
Here is the link to the hub: https://classroom.google.com/u/0/c/Njk2MzE4MDE5Nlpa/p/NzAyNjg1MzMzN1pa/details