Cougar Pride News
Conway Elementary School - December 18, 2023
Hello Cougar Families!
We have had a busy couple of weeks here at CES. With the snow has come winter activities like sledding out on the playground. Students must have winter gear (hats, mittens, boots, snow pants and jackets) to be able to sled and play in the snow. Please be sure you are sending everything in with your child each day. If you need any of those items, please reach out.
The holiday concert was wonderful. The kids put so much work in to their songs and practicing to get it just right. Thank you to Ms. Alex Donaruma and the whole team for putting on such a great show.
This upcoming week will be full of fun. Please check out our spirit week days below. I hope you all have a peaceful week next week and we look forward to seeing you in January!
CES Holiday Spirit Week!
Congratulations to Cynthia Gavett for winning the Mini Tree Raffle with $100 worth of scratch tickets! Thank you to everyone who participated and supported this fundraiser. Over $1,000 was raised for our kids!
Every School Day Counts
It is so important that students are here every day because every school day counts. Students are much more successful academically when they are in school on a consistent basis, but they are also more successful socially as it takes time to build strong relationships with their teacher and peers.
School hours are 9:00AM - 3:15PM. If your child is going to be absent, please be sure to call the main office, prior to 9:00AM to let us know. The number is 603-447-3369.
There is a new Girl Scout troop starting in Madison for kindergarten through 3rd graders. If there is enough interest and we can get volunteers we could also accommodate a group of 4th/5th graders. We will meet at the Madison Church. There is a parent interest meeting on January 5th for sign ups. The actual meetings for the girls will start on January 7th from 2:00-3:15pm and they are to be bi-weekly after that. For more details please call or text Whitney at 336-817-6685 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PARENTS' NIGHT OUT IS BACK IN DECEMBER!
SPACES ARE FILLING FAST!
We had SO MUCH FUN during our first Parents' Night Out, that we're back again on December 23. Join us again for our event for children in grades 1-6. Let your kids enjoy an evening packed with fun activities and new friendships, while you take some time for yourself, whether it's last minute holiday shopping, or heading to Tuckerman Brewery next door!
We'll start the night with fun, fitness activities, then eat, chat a bit about nutrition, and end the night with skill development and more fun!
Saturday, December 23
Pizza and Drinks included
$45 per participant
Parents will receive a buy one, get one free beer ticket from Tuckerman Brewery, right next door!
FREE for participants enrolled in Conway Elementary School, John Fuller Elementary School or Pine Tree School!
[SPACES LIMITED!] December Holiday Break Camp
Make sure your kids get in some fun workouts in while learning about nutrition and how to properly fueling their bodies! We had such great groups over the summer, and can't wait for this upcoming group as well!
Middle School (Currently in grades 7-9)
Elementary (Currently in grades 4-6)
*Free tuition for students of certain Conway-based schools due to a grant.
Upcoming Winter Sessions (Starting Jan 2024)
2-day a week program designed to increase strength, coordination, and so much more! We're starting the new year with a 4-week cycle, and then will return with 6-week sessions after our February Break camp (stay tuned!). We're also switching the days of the week for the program as a trial.
Middle School (Currently in grades 7-9)
Starts on Jan 22 for 4 weeks
Mon + Wed
3 - 4pm
Elementary School (Currently in grades 4-6)
Starts on Jan 23 for 4 weeks
Tues + Thurs
EARLY Elementary School (Currently in grades 1-3)
Starts on Jan 27 for 4 weeks
10:45 am - 11:15 am
*Members of children will receive 10% off. Sign up through our member app, or respond to this email!
Kids + Teens Personal Training
Groups of up to 3 participants
Custom programming that will support participants in reaching their specific goals, whether that be sport-specific training or general wellness goals
To inquire about personal training for kids + teens, please email email@example.com or reply to this email.
- If you are picking up your student in the afternoons, please be sure to put out the name card up on your dashboard to be seen. Also, please keep two lanes of traffic until you reach the corner of the brown building (Music Room).
- Our main form of communication with parents is through email. Please make sure that your email is updated in PowerSchool. It is extremely important that we have all of your contact information in case of an emergency with your child. Please update any home or cell phone numbers in PowerSchool. We have found that many parents voice mailboxes are full or they have not set up their voicemail. We ask that you also update your emergency contact names and phone numbers.
- If there is a change in routine for your child's afternoon plans please communicate them with your child's teacher and the main office by sending a note into school, an email, or a phone call.
- Students may bring devices (phones, ipods, smart watches etc.) to school. However, the devices will be placed in backpacks for the duration of the school day. CES is not responsible for lost or missing items.
For any student to be able to receive free meals, families must take one of the following actions:
Enroll in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
This program can be applied for online at: NH EASY
Submit a meal benefit application to our school district
Applications can be submitted online at: EZMealApp
Funds can be added to student accounts online at any time at: EZSchoolPay
Funds can also be added to student accounts by check made out to Conway School District submitted to Conway Elementary.
- If you are searching for affordable internet and qualify for free/reduced lunch, check out www.GetMyInternet.org!