Home of the Dragons, March 4, 2022
From the Principal's Desk:
Don’t forget! I will be hosting my first in person Coffee with the Principal on March 22 from 8:15-9:15 am. All parents are invited to attend and the location on site TBD. This event will be a great way to meet each other face to face and have a collective conversation about our school. I look forward to seeing you and spending time with you in person on the 22nd.
As always, thank you for your continued support of our Duveneck students and staff.
Duveneck 3rd-5th Graders to Perform The Jungle Book! Auditions this Wednesday and Thursday
We are so excited to be bringing back the beloved Duveneck tradition of hosting a Children's Theater Outreach Play! This year's play will be The Jungle Book. Your students heard all about the play from the Children's Theater director, Christopher Luciani, at an in-school assembly last Thursday. If your child chooses to participate, you'll receive lots of detailed information starting in early March. Please note that this is a PTA-sponsored activity, so parent volunteers are needed in order to make it happen. The PTA is paying all the costs, so there is NO COST to students to participate.
Auditions(Your child should go to the Multi-Purpose room right after school for the audition; please plan to pick your child up from the MP room after auditions are over):
- Everyone who auditions is guaranteed a part!
- Wednesday, March 2, @ 1:05 pm – 2:20 pm, 3rd Grade
- Thursday, March 3, @ 2:35 pm – 4:15 pm, 4th & 5th Grade
- If your child has a conflict on their assigned date, just attend the other date instead.
- No preparation is needed. The Director will give the children the script for the auditions.
- Your child will bring home paperwork that you must fill out and return. You'll be able to indicate days of the week when your child can't attend rehearsals, at least for the first 5 weeks.
- First rehearsal is Wednesday, March 16, 1:05 to 3:00 pm
- Subsequent rehearsals are generally held Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for two hours after school.
- Each child typically only rehearses 1-2 times per week, depending on the size of their role. You'll get a more specific schedule each week.
- No one in the play can miss any rehearsals from April 25 through May 7.
- Parents of children in the play are expected to sign up to supervise AT LEAST one rehearsal date.
- Thursday, May 5, @ 4:30 pm
- Friday, May 6, @ 7:00 pm
- Saturday, May 7, @ 2:00 pm
Masking Protocols will Change as of March 14, 2022
Regarding masking requirements in a school setting, PAUSD will be following state and CDPH (California Department of Public Health) protocols. Starting March 14, indoor masking will be optional including on school buses.
Now will be a good time to talk, as a family, about what you and your children feel comfortable doing with regarding to masking at school. It is also important to process with your children that some of their classmates and friends may wear masks or not wear masks at school and we should not judge nor shame our peers for their individual decisions around wearing masks in the school setting. It is ok if students want to wear masks or not wear masks starting Monday, March 14.