Week of May 7th, 2018
End of the Year...
I know this is both an exciting AND exhausting time of year. As we wind down our final 4 (that's right, FOUR) weeks of school, please make sure that you take some time to do the following:
- Enjoy the remaining time with your kids!
- Enjoy the remaining time with your peers!
- Take advantage of each day remaining as an opportunity to impact your learners (academically, socially, and emotionally).
- Take care of yourself.
- Continue reinforcing routines and expectations through the end of the year... you'll be glad you did!
- Take time to celebrate your learners' growth.
Let's make this a great end of the year!
CISD Summer PD
I wanted to draw your attention to a few sessions and encourage as many of you as possible to participate in some of the Readers & Writers Workshop sessions being offered. As you know, the district will be moving forward fully with Readers Workshop this coming year and Writers Workshop the following.
I'm excited to share that we have been able to purchase the Writing Units of Study for each teacher. If you want to get a head start, plan to join other Wilson teachers at some of the Writers Workshop sessions this summer.
Also, there are several sessions being offered by Wilson educators! #WilsonRangersLeadTheWay
You must register for all sessions by June 4th. They will close registration that evening.
Be sure to exercise your voice! Several organizations (Dallas Morning News, League of Women Voters, etc) provide candidate guides to help you stay informed about candidates.
Week At A Glance
- 5th Collaborative Team Time
- 4th Grade Amazing Race Launches
- Baby McNally Baby Shower - 3:30
- EOY PTO Board Meeting
- 4th Collaborative Team Time
- Cooper @ Principal Meeting - AM
- 3rd Collaborative Team Time
- GE Campus Visit - PM
- Team Leader Meeting - 3:30
- 2nd Collaborative Team Time
- Rise & Shine
- 1st Collaborative Team Time
- Deadline to cover testing rooms
- Fire Drill - PM