We hope you had a beautiful holiday season! All students are back online or in the hub January 6th at their usual time. We continue to monitor the COVID Activity Level to help us determine when students will be back in the building. After working closely with Dr. Ocaranza, El Paso Health authority, the district has determined that although the hospitalization rate is within the orange zone, it is creeping up after the holidays. Dr. Ocaranza asked area superintendents to wait it out just a little longer to ensure the safety and well being of our community. Therefore, a return date is still tentative but could be as early as January 25th for anyone who selected face to face or hybrid instruction on the last survey. If any changes need to be made to your survey selection, please contact the front office at 434-5800.
Returning to Campus Info Session
Home Access Center (HAC)
COVID Activity Level
Remember, our entire region has an aligned method for determining when it is safe for all students to return to school:
- There are four "School Safe Zones" (green, yellow, orange and red) that indicate the percentage of hospitalizations that are due to COVID.
- If our hospitalizations fall below 20% for a week, we are in the orange zone and are clear to return to campus. As of Jan 4, we were sitting in orange for more than a week.
- With this plan, we no longer have to ask TEA for waivers to extend the time that we remain remote, and TEA will no longer pull funding if we remain remote beyond the twelve weeks they had originally given us.
- The link below will show you the daily percentage and the number of days we have been sitting in the current zone. What you are looking for is a percentage below 20% (orange) for at least seven days in order for us to open our doors to all who opted for face to face instruction.
- If we return to campus and hospitalizations put us back to the red zone, students could be sent home as per red zone guidelines.
Check the COVID Activity Level Indicators periodically and you will note trends that might make it easier to predict where we will be. I realize this is not the ideal tool for you to use to plan for your family, but it can help you plan at least a few days in advance.