The Soto Scoop
Seek Excellence, Achieve Results
This week we began analyzing our instruction to strengthen our practices and increase student achievement. In doing so, we ensured that our teaching is aligned to state standards by writing effective Learning Objectives and reflecting on our lesson plans. Doing so sounds like an easy task, but we know it required a lot of effort and just the right attitude. We had to be vulnerable and genuine as we dissected our actions based on results. We embraced a "Growth Mindset," the idea that success is based on learning, persistence, and hard-work, and persevered instead of giving up or shutting down when receiving feedback. We exerted additional effort to find success and were empowered by the ability to improve. We grew and our students will benefit from it!!! THANK YOU for engaging in this growth process.
A few notes and reminders--
A few notes and reminders--
- Volunteers will start this week! Mrs. Barron is our volunteer coordinator. Please reach out to her if you would like assistance or know of anyone who would like to volunteer.
- Let Mrs. Barron know if you are approached by a parent or notice a student in need of uniform assistance.
- In an effort to strengthen our core instruction through additional planning time, we will delay the start of tutoring to Monday, October 5th. Please begin reviewing your student data and be prepared to begin tutoring on that date.
- We will begin Spot Observations this week. Please click here to view the Appraisal Calendar Mrs. Villarreal and I will be following.
- Wondering who is your appraiser? Please click here to view Appraiser Assignments.
- SLOs must be drafted by September 14th and submitted by September 28th. Please click here for a quick resource. We will review expectations at this week's PD.
- Don't forget to complete mandatory training via Region Ten. Certificates of completion should be sent electronically to Mrs. Ramos. Link to training: http://olc.region10.org/catalog/Courses/Compliance-Training-Courses/Page-1
A Week in Review
Your Voice Matters!
Our first staff/committee meetings will be held Thursday, September 17th. Please click here to rank your committee preferences. Committee members and leaders will be announced at this week's PD session due to low participation in our online survey. Remember-- staff members who do not participate in the survey will be assigned a committee.
Go Above and Beyond!
Sponsor a club and help our students achieve in and out of the classroom! We welcome all types of clubs. In the past, students have taken advantage of folklorico, basketball, cheerleading, and art club, amongst others. Stipends will be provided for UIL Coordinators, TMSCA, Lone Star Challenge, Chess, Destination Imagination, and Robotics sponsors. If you would like to take advantage of one of these paid or unpaid opportunities, please let me know as soon as possible.
Shout Out!!! to Mrs. Mary Roland who is a master teacher always willing to help her peers. Her flexibility and commitment to student success is exemplified by her willingness to do anything and everything to improve teaching and increase student learning. She is a resource queen and wears many hats to help us meet our students' needs. Our staff honored you at this week's PD and I commend you for all that you do!!! Keep shinning!
Thursday, Sep. 10th, 3:15pm
Professional Development this Thursday will focus on Improving our Instructional Practices, RtI, and SLO Expectations. Remember that it is a "Content Session" and you will walk out with additional knowledge on at least one content/instructional practice.