Fir Grove PTO Newsletter
- Garden Hub meeting Dec 2 at Chehalem Elementary,
- Noodles & Company fundraiser Dec 3,
- PTO meeting Dec 5 with guest speaker Steve Sparks (BSD middle school boundaries),
- Frosty Grams for sale Dec 9-12,
- Box Tops,
- a calendar of upcoming events - now, by popular demand, including school board meetings,
- and more!
Garden Hub meeting - Dec 2 at 1pm in Chehalem Elementary lobby
Noodles & Company Restaurant Fundraiser - Dec 3 from 4-8pm
PTO General Meeting Thursday, December 5, at 7pm - Guest Speaker Steve Sparks (middle school boundary adjustments)
Our featured guest speaker for December is Steve Sparks from Beaverton School District. He will speak about the middle school boundary adjustments.
If you have questions you would like us to give to the speakers in advance, please email email@example.com
PTO meetings are held every month, generally on the first Thursday of the month unless there is a conflict with that date. We feature a guest speaker/highlighted topic at every meeting.
FROSTY GRAMS for sale Dec 9-12!
5th grade is selling Frostygrams!
What: Frostygrams are blank notes with a candy cane treat that students, families, friends, and staff of Fir Grove can send to each other.
When: December 9th-12th, before school in the undercover area. Take them home, fill them out, and bring them back to the undercover area the next day for delivery.
Frostygrams will be delivered on Wednesday, December 11th and Friday, December 13th.
How much: 25 cents for 1 or 5 for $1.
Why: To spread kindness and cheer this FROSTY time of year!
We need you! Volunteers make PTO programs and events happen!
December volunteer needs include First Friday staff treats on Friday, December 6 and setting up chairs after school on December 11 for the 1st & 4th grade rehearsal and concert. Contact Lyndsay at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
To volunteer for Fir Grove programs and events, parents and other family members must register online with Beaverton School District. For more information, visit www.beaverton.k12.or.us/departments/communications-community-involvement/volunteer
Here are some easy ways to raise money for Fir Grove:
- Get Bottle Drop blue bags at Fir Grove’s main office, fill them with returnable bottles and cans, and drop them off at a Bottle Drop center! Visit www.bottledropcenters.com/Give for more information.
- When making purchases on Amazon.com, use Amazon Smile by going to smile.amazon.com and selecting Fir Grove Elementary School Parent Teacher Organization as the charity.
- Sign up for Fred Meyer Community Rewards by linking your Rewards Card to Fir Grove PTO at www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards. Fir Grove PTO’s non-profit number is NQ402.
- December 2 - No School - staff development
- December 2 - Garden Hub meeting, 1pm, Chehalem Elementary lobby (15555 SW Davis Road)
- December 3 - Noodles & Co. Restaurant Fundraiser, 4-8pm
- December 5 - PTO Meeting 7:00pm - guest speaker Steve Sparks (topic: BSD middle school boundary adjustment)
- December 12 - 1st & 4th Concert 6:15-7:15pm
- December 16 - Beaverton School Board meeting, 6:30pm, District Administration Offices (16550 SW Merlo Road)
- December 20 - Holiday Singalong 8:00am
- December 23 - January 3 - No School - Winter break
- January 9 - Five Guys restaurant night, 14700 SW Murray Scholls Drive, 3-9pm
- Principal Chat 6:15-7:00pm
- PTO Meeting 7:00pm - guest speaker Deb Starr, Fir Grove's Student Success Coach
- January 20 - No School - holiday
- January 21 - Beaverton School Board meeting, 6:30pm, District Administration Offices (16550 SW Merlo Road)
- January 23 - Family Night 5:30 - 7:30pm
- January 27 - No School - grading day