Weekly Updates (Week of 09/20/21)
Desert Heights Elementary School
NEWS FOR DESERT HEIGHTS FAMILIES
Desert Heights Elementary School will be having a couple of staffing changes and updates:
- Mr. Arevalo (5th Grade) has recently accepted a teaching position at a private school and will be leaving us effective on 9/20/21.
- Ms. Ramirez (6th Grade) will now be teaching 5th grade math effective on 09/20/21. She worked with Mr. Arevalo last week to help make the transition as seamless as possible.
- Due to lower enrollment in 6th grade, Ms. Konyshev and Ms. Hunt will remain the 6th grade teachers. Ms. Konyshev will be teaching math and science and Ms. Hunt will be teaching ELA and Social Studies.
- Due to higher enrollment in 4th grade, we will be looking to hire another 4th grade teacher after the Fall Break.
Watch DOGS (Dads of Great Students) Program
Watch DOGS Pizza Night was a huge success. Thank you to all of the dads that came out. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Lesly Huerta, FACE Liaison.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS
Early Release Wednesday
Wednesday, Sep. 22nd, 2:45pm
13948 Mount Bismark Street
Updated Guidance on Exclusions and Facemasks
- If individuals wear face masks properly to cover their nose and mouth, they are effective in preventing the spread of COVID-19. Masks should meet CDC recommendations in terms of quality.
- If your student properly wears a mask in school and is greater than 3 feet but less than 6 feetf rom a person who tests positive for COVID-19, who also properly wears a mask during the contact period, your student will not have to be excluded from school if they are asymptomatic.
- Additionally, face mask use is not a determining factor for an exclusion for close contact with a person who tests positive for COVD-19 that occurs when the individuals are less than 3 feet apart.
- The uses of masks only applies to students (not adults), and only in the school setting.
- This change to our contact tracing protocol went into effect on September 7, 2021. It cannot be retroactively applied to exclusions that occurred prior to that date.