Moreau Heights Elementary
Giving our students HOPE for a better tomorrow!
We will continue to focus on basic expectations and extending into our Character Trait of Self-Discipline.
You will have a checklist to complete for instruction, model and practice of all settings by August 31.
Our Second Steps lesson this week.
All grade levels have a focus on Learning.
Kindergarten- Focusing Attention
1st grade - Focusing Attention
2nd grade - Focusing Attention and Listening
3rd grade - Using Self-Talk
4th grade - Listening with Attention
5th grade - Listening with Attention
Character Trait for August is Self-Discipline
Conscious Discipline Connection
There are "How To" suggestions and videos to show what it looks like.
Look also at the "Free Resources" link to see what you might want to print off or review for FREE!
Duties for the Week
Gym - Dunham and Watson
Cafe - Ogden and Ries
Collect students from the gym at 7:45
Calendar of Events
Monday, August 27
*iReady testing window opens
*Sue to meet with teams during plan time
*PBS Team mtg 3:45
Tuesday, August 28
*Lockdown/Intruder Drill 9:00
*Literacy Team mtg 3:45
*School Culture Team mtg 3:45
Wednesday, August 29
*Specials Team Collaboration 7:45 - 8:15
*Early Dismissal - students dismissed at 1:15
*Professional Development and Staff meeting 1:45 - 4:30 in library
Thursday, August 30
*Back to School Night for grades 3-5 6:00 - 7:30 pm
Friday, August 31
*PBS Assembly 8:30
Monday, September 3
*No School - Labor Day
Tuesday, September 4
*Tier 2 mtg 3:45
Wednesday, September 5
*Sue at District Admin meeting and Diversity Training
*New Crew mtg 3:45 in library
Thursday, September 6
*Collaboration schedule begins
*Back to School Night for grades k-2 6:00 - 7:30
Friday, September 7
*iReady testing window closes at 3:00
Setting Up Classroom Libraries
Our Goal For This Year - K-8 Classroom Libraries:
Setting up classroom libraries by:
•leveled baskets (Only 1/3 of your library should be leveled books)
Please have teachers begin transitioning to Fountas and Pinnell levels if their classroom library books are leveled by lexile.)
Our long-term stretch goal over time is to get 1000 books in every classroom!!
Kids have to know what a "Just Right Book" feels like, so teachers should work on incorporating this talk into their lessons.
Teachers should always make sure that children have a book in the genre you are teaching and an independent reading book on their level.
- we have seen instances of teachers arriving in the gym, then catching up with one another which leads to longer time in the gym for some of our friends who need a more settled and structured environment to be successful
2. WE USE RESTROOM PASSES FOR EMERGENCIES ONLY! We are noticing from some classrooms, a steady flow of students to use the classroom pass for the restroom. There have been problems in the restrooms with toilets clogging and sinks being set to overflow. WHEN WE CLOSELY SUPERVISE, THESE THINGS ARE CAUGHT IMMEDIATELY OR DON'T HAPPEN.
- We need your help to follow this procedure and expectation.
3. Keep up your AWESOME noticing of positive choices! I am hearing lots of noticings, clear statements of expectations and celebrations. Keep up the good work!
2. Online training videos must be viewed by August 31.
3. Make positive parent contacts by September 1. (Grade level teachers will contact all students in their classes, Specials teachers will contact at least 1 student per class).
4. Have you signed up for the Remind App to get notifications about staff activities and announcements? See the details below to get connected.