Upper Dublin in Review...
Legislative Meeting Briefs - May 2020
Board of School Directors
UDSD Board of School Directors
Ms. Amy Francek, President; Dr. Darlene Davis, Vice President
Mr. Michael Henderson, Ms. Jennifer Iannitti, Dr. Art Levinowitz,
Mr. Stanley Ropski, Ms. Titia Scherpbier, Mr. Mark Sirota, Mr. Jeffrey Wallack
President's Welcome and Reports to the Board of School Directors
- President's Welcome - Ms. Francek welcomed everyone to the meeting.
- Student Government Association Report - Daniel Caplan reported on happenings at the high school. Please click here to read his full report.
- Superintendent's Report - Dr. Yanni presented his monthly Superintendent's Report. Please click here to read Dr. Yanni's full report.
- SRMS project budget
Recommended Action Items for Approval
Education Committee Recommendations
- Curriculum - Two informational items were presented: student enrollment and low enrollment classes at UDHS.
- Pupil Services - The Board approved two confidential educational agreements, the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit Cost Plan service agreement, and a Pool Counsel Services agreement with Sweet, Stevens, Katz & Williams.
Finance Committee Recommendations (includes Operations and Transportation)
- Routine Matters - The Board approved routine matters such as the review of the Treasurer's Report, the list of bill payments, and budgetary transfers for May 2020.
- Other Matters - The Board approved a change order for the FWES roof repair project, an eRate Application Services agreement, renewal of Internet Services contract, IntegraOne VM Software renewal, natural gas rate lock, Contract with Sweet, Stevens, Katz & Williams, Property Tax Rebate Program, and the 2020-2021 Proposed Final Budget.
Personnel Committee Recommendations
- Routine Matters - The Board approved the personnel report, inclusive of appointments, retirements and resignations, leaves of absence, changes of status, and the extracurricular report.
- Other Matters - The Board approved the appointment of the new Director of Student Services, Ms. Rita Perez. The Board also approved a number of personnel changes including the termination of an Act 93 administrator, the termination of two temporary professional employees, and the demotion of a temporary professional employee. Two administrators were also transferred into new positions.
Policy Committee Recommendations
The Board approved second readings of the following policies:
- Curriculum Development (105)
- Curriculum Review by Parents/Guardians, Students, and Community Members (105.1)
- Curriculum Renewal and Review Process (105.3)
- Allergies (210.2)
- Politics (361)
- Community Access to District Facilities (707)
- Public Access to District Records (801)
- Emergency Preparedness (805)
- Use of Recording Devices on School Buses (810.2)
- repeal of policies Guides for Planned Instruction (106), Adoption of Planned Instruction (107), and Adoption of Curriculum Materials (108)
The Board affirmed first readings of the following policies:
- Meetings (Local Board Procedure 006)
- Bonding (811)
- Property Insurance (812)
- Other Insurance (813)
- Public Relations Objectives (901)
- Citizens Advisory Committees (905)
- Nonschool Organizations/Groups/Individuals (913)
- Booster Clubs and Parent Organizations (915)
Other Business and Reports
- The Board appointed Dr. Darlene Davis and Mr. Michael Henderson to the 2020 Pennsylvania School Boards Association's Delegate Assembly that will take place in November 2020 and affirmed the slate of candidates for the Montgomery County Intermediate Unit's Board Election.
- Liaison Committee Reports - Reports from Montgomery County Intermediate Unit, Montgomery County Legislative Committee, Eastern Center for Arts & Technology, Equity and Empowerment Steering Committee, Educational Advisory Committee, Pennsylvania School Boards Association, Upper Dublin Township, and Upper Dublin Education Foundation. Click here to read the full report.
- Solicitor's Report - Mr. Diasio reported that the Board met in Executive session preceding the meeting to discuss personnel matters. He also reported on new Title IX regulations.
Community Input and Follow-Up Comments
- PTO/PTA events for 5th grade, 8th, grade, and Seniors
- Upper Dublin Education Foundation donations
- Tax increase history
- Remote/online learning and Continuity of Education Plan