RHHS Wildcats News You Can Use
#WEARERH 1/8/2021 #WEARERH
News and Notes from the Principal
We were most certainly excited to welcome all of our students back to school for the second semester of the 20-21 school year! While things seem much more routine and natural now than they did in Fall, our students continue to do a great job with the expectations in place and our teachers are absolutely knocking it out of the park with an entire semester of the eLearning/Face:Face approach under their belt. While there will always be room for growth and opportunity, we are glad that we are able to offer options to our Wildcat families with the support of the Superintendent and Bryan County Board of Education.
The spring semester always presents opportunities for concluding events to include but not limited to events such as: Prom, Graduation, Sporting Events, Fine Arts Productions and more. Please know that we are actively planning for such activities but want to ensure that we have the safest and most effective of approaches prior to communicating information any further.
With the conclusion of the first week, we hope that you all will have a safe and restful weekend. We ask that you continue to monitor your student as outlined in our Family Pledge to ensure a safe return. Should your child become symptomatic and/or come in close contact with a COVID positive individual - please keep them at home, communicate to our nursing staff and know that the opportunity to continue instruction is literally just a click away through our Google Classroom platform!
See Ya, Love ya, Bye!
ELearner Material Pickup: Elearner material pickup is located in East Office.
Health & Safety Reminders:
- If your child is unable to attend school due to COVID-related symptoms or an exposure to someone with COVID,please be sure to contact the school to speak with the nurse: (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) - All attendance related notes should be submitted to Ms. Carolyn Oetjen via email at (email@example.com)
- If your student is not feeling well, please do NOT send them to school. With concurrent learning they have the opportunity to take advantage of the curriculum even when not present - they can log into their google meets.
- Face Coverings are to be worn at ALL times while on campus, when lunch is not being consumed.
- Congregation before/after school is strongly discouraged. If we want to maintain in-person schooling it is important that we ALL work together to make this happen.
- eLearners are expected to follow the same schedule and meet the same expectations regarding timely arrival, interactions, assignment completion, etc. as their in-person counterparts.
- 1/18 MLK Holiday- No School
- 1/21 Junior Class Ring Ceremony 6:00 in East Gym
AP Spring Exam Registration
Seniors are to schedule their own meetings with their counselor via pick-a-time. These will be held at various times of the day. Please keep in mind it is the senior who chooses the time and schedules their appointment. Seniors are responsible for remembering their scheduled appointment, and excusing themselves from class for the meeting. To avoid repeated interruptions, counselors will not be calling into classrooms for seniors to make their appointment. Click Here and reserve your time at the bottom left hand side of the webpage.
Athletic Ticketing - Go Fan
"Click Here"to see our upcoming Athletic Events for the week, and purchase tickets. Richmond Hill High School and Richmond Hill Athletics are excited to announce the use of Go Fan for our sporting events. Go Fan allows all event spectators to purchase tickets prior to events, or at the gate through your mobile device, avoid long lines, and limit person to person contact.
All students parking on campus, including dual enrolled students must have a parking permit.
"Click Here" to access the student parking permit information and application for 20-21SY.
Regular Sale Permits: $65.00; Spring Semester Only Permits: $32.50
Qualifications to Purchase a Parking Permit during the Regular time periods:
- Not on Obligations List
- Passing or passed at least 75% of classes
*Students with more than 6 absences and/or tardies (for second semester 19-20) will be able to purchase a parking permit with a signed attendance contract. The attendance contracts will be made available to those students who must have this in order to purchase a parking permit.
*Students who do not meet the Academic expectations will be able to purchase parking permits beginning the second nine weeks. All of the above qualifications must continue to be met in order to apply at the second nine weeks and purchase a parking permit for $65.00. Spring Parking Permits only are available for $32.50.
Military and Family Life
RHHS Essential Information
7:30am-2:30pm/Buildings open at 7am
Certificates of Enrollment
Car-rider/parent drop-off information
Bus rider information-
Bus Routes - (Make sure to check back as updates to routes may occur)
School nutrition information-
(Meals are free to ALL students for 20-21 SY)
- MySchoolBucks - Online Payment Portal
- eLearner Meal Information
- BCS Free or Reduced Price Meals Application - English
- BCS Free or Reduced Price Meals Application - Spanish
Questions regarding remaining lunch balances should be directed to Carole Knight (School Nutrition Director) firstname.lastname@example.org/912-459-5121
If you should need to discuss health information at length, please call to schedule a meeting. All clinic forms are available on the high school website. Inhalers and epi pens that are carried by the student must have forms completed by their physician.
Clinic forms - "Click Here"