The Final Countdown
EOY News from the Media Center
- Starting May 2, ALL students (K-5) will be limited to 2 books for checkout.
- Last day for student checkout - Friday, May 13
- All student books due- Wednesday, May 18
Summer Reading Book Fair
- Flyers will be sent home
- Please tell students not to bring money until the fair is open
- If students send in money early, please have Ms. Avery keep it in the safe
- Tuesday, May 17 through Friday, May 20
- No previews
- Book bundles- 5 books for $20
- We WILL sell books individually as well
- Sixth grade summer reading will be available (select titles)
- No fluff, no posters
Public Library Visit
Our public library will be visiting us on Monday, May 16. Each grade level will be scheduled for a 20 minute presentation with our Suwanee public librarians.
First Grade 9:00
Second Grade 10:00
Third Grade 10:30
Fourth Grade 11:00
Fifth Grade 11:30
Summer Reading Program
We will be participating in the Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge again. Students will receive letters with their unique username and password on Friday, May 6, and may begin logging minutes on Monday, May 9. We will be doing classroom and individual challenges again- class with most log ins, students with most minutes, etc throughout the month of May. Students will also receive a flyer with all summer reading information (including username and password again) in report card envelopes.
Our goal is to beat our record from last summer- 294,000 reading minutes!
Please start returning ANYTHING you are not using as soon as possible.
- DO NOT RETURN Ladybugs or CD players.
- Teardrop mic & lanyard (in gallon sized plastic bag with your name on it)
- Mimio (charging cord, USB, pen)
- Mimio voters (charging cord, USB, all voters with same letter)
- iPads or Nexus tablets (with charging cord)