Your ticket to the happenings at the BEST Greene School
December 13, 2019
Words of Inspiration
A good teacher must be able to put himself in the place of those who find learning hard.
A Special Applause to...
PD on the Fly...
Information for the Staff
Next week is a short week and I want to invite you to join me to dress down. Next week will be jeans week! Enjoy as we finish 2019 in comfort!
Please take this as a gentle reminder that jeans should not be worn on a typical day. We have a standing jeans day on Friday or the last day of a short week. Do not wear jeans on other days.
Field Trip/Site Visit Procedures
Complete a Field Trip Form. If transportation is needed beyond the times listed on the form, you will need approval from the Transportation Department first.
* Indicate who you spoke to and the date on the Field Trip Request Form.
Check with Lead Secretary (Martha) in the office to see if dates and times are good (no conflicts on the building calendar).
Submit Field Trip Form to Lead Secretary (Martha) and she will submit to Principal for approval.
Once approved at Greene, the form will be sent to District Office for approval. If approved, you will receive a copy of the Field Trip Request Form via email from District Office (Chris Beech).
Send a list of students in alphabetical order, who will be attending to Secretary( McCristy) and Nurse (Nurse D) no less than two weeks before the field trip.
- This should be completed 7-10 days prior to trip.
Secretary will create a group on Final Forms and send you a link to that group. (Ecards will no longer be printed). This group is now accessible to you via cell phone or computer.
Nurse will provide necessary information regarding medical needs for each student, ie, Epi pens, daily meds, treatments, need for nurse on trip, etc.
As soon as you receive District approval, send the permission slip home with your students. This will be only a permission slip for the Field Trip.
If a Purchase Order is required, and you are collecting money from your students, please bring money collected each day to Secretary to deposit.
Teachers should confirm with the Bus Compound a few days prior to their scheduled field trip.
The bucket date will open on Monday, December 16th at 12:01 a.m. and will close on Friday, December 20th at 11:59 p.m. Report cards will be distributed on Friday, January 10th.
Yu Gi Oh Club and Media Club
Please let students know that there be NO Media Club on Monday, December 16th , and NO Yu Gi Oh Club on Thursday, December 19th. Thank you.
PBL 101 Training
We have received very positive feedback from the teachers who participated in the first round of PBL 101 that was created by the Instructional Innovators:
- "This training was very practical and helped me feel like I could do PBL with my students."
- "The One Stop Shop and resources they shared were so helpful!"
- "I think that teachers who have already been trained on PBL should attend this training, too. It was so practical!"
If you talk with your teachers who went through the training, I'm sure you will hear similar themes. We will be offering another round of PBL 101 in 2nd semester and again in the summer. I know it's tough to secure subs, but we want to give teachers multiple chances to participate. The dates for 2nd semester are below:
All meetings will occur at DO from 8:30-3:30. If you are interested, email me and I will get you registered.
For the Week of December 16, 2019
December 16 - Monday
- EA Professional Development - 7:30 am - Media Center
- 6th Grade Band Rehearsal - 8:22 - 9:54 am - Cafeteria Stage
- 5th Grade Band Rehearsal - 12:30 - 2:02 pm - Cafeteria Stage
- Winter Band Concert - 7:00 - 8:30 pm -Cafeteria
- Ugly Sweater/Dip Day Sunshine Event - Staff Lounge
- CML contest 8:22 - 10:15 am - Cafeteria
- STRIVE FT to Ronald McDonald House -1:30 - 4:30pm
- Sunshine Activity - 7:20 am
- 2nd Quarter Aviator of the Monthly Ice Cream Celebration - Cafeteria Stage (lunchtime)
- 6th Grade Ensemble and Greene Machine FT to Traditions at Camargo - 12:30 - 2:00 pm
- Board of Ed Meeting - 7:00 - 10:00 pm - Cafeteria
December 19 - Thursday
- Orange Team Winter Party - 11:30 - 12:30 pm
December 20 - Friday
- Teacher Records Day
Are you an early planner? Here is the building calendar. You can view events more than a week at a time.
Announce to Students
- Greene Machine - 3:00 pm
- NO Media Club
- Winter Band Concert - 7:00 pm - Greene Cafeteria
Tuesday, December 17 - C Day
- Partner's Club - 3:00 pm - Mrs. Herron's Art room
- Chess Club - 3:00 pm - Media Center
- Spelling Bee Club - Last day - 3:00 pm - Mrs. Marks' room 43
Wednesday, December 18 - D Day
- Media Club - 3:00 pm
- FT - Greene Machine /6th Grade Ensemble to Traditions at Camargo
Thursday, December 19 - A Day
- Greene Machine - 3:00 pm
- NO Yu Gi Oh Club (cancelled)
Friday, December 20 - January 5, 2020 - Winter Break - No school
Jason Staggs 12/16
Laura Sutton - 12/17
Ashley Beach- Roth 12/18
Angela Santangelo 12/23
Leslie Burklow 12/25
Casie Garland 12/27