Braddock Eagle Library News
Braddock Elementary School Library
Braddock Eagles Love Books & Reading!
A Poem in Your Pocket
Mr. Veasley shares a favorite poem with a pair of second grade Eagles!
KPMG's Family for Literacy
Over 80 guest readers will visit BES on Thursday, May 5 to read books to Braddock students!
BOGO Book Fair Rocks!
Braddock students stock up on great books for summer reading!
Promoting and Improving Literacy in Our Community
In addition to the generous donation of their time, KPMG has also made a donation through First Book, to gift each and every Braddock ES students (PreK through Grade 5) with two books to add to their home libraries.
Guest readers from various departments from Fairfax County Public Schools will be visiting upper grade classrooms to read. Our guests will be visiting classrooms from 9:30 to 11:00 a.m.
In order to ensure a fun day of reading for students and staff at BES, please observe the following:
- Parking - please park your cars on the blacktop by the gym so there will be enough parking to accommodate our guests.
- Specials - all morning specials and events are cancelled for the morning of Thursday, May 5 from 9:00 to 11:00 am.
- Schedule - the schedule is listed in the article below. A copy will be sent on Wednesday, May 4 to all teachers.
Schedule for KPMG's Family for Literacy Event
- FECEP - readers from FCPS will be visiting to read at 9:30, 10:00, and 11:00. KPMG volunteers will be visiting to make bookmarks with students at 10:30.
- Kindergarten & 1st Grade - KPMG volunteers will be visiting to read books and make bookmarks with students from 9:30 to 10:00.
- 2nd Grade - guest readers from FCPS will be reading to students at 9:30 and KPMG volunteers will be visiting to read and make bookmarks with students at 10:15.
- 3rd Grade - KPMG guest readers will be visiting classrooms to read books and make bookmarks with third graders at 10:15.
- 4th Grade - guest readers from FCPS will be reading to students at 10:00 and 10:30.
- 5th Grade - guest readers from FCPS will be reading to students at 10:00 and 10:30.