AP PAGE FALL 2014
Improving our Practice through Data Analysis
Welcome back to eLC time!
We want to continue on this path again this year. With our core mission to improve student learning, eLC time is valuable . Thank you for your commitment to your team and your students!
Week of October 6, 2014
Use information from this article on effective eLCs!
Tom Moncrief's Video
We could do a LIVE session as a follow-up to brainstorm with the teachers about how to apply these ideas.
Diana Shaw and Mary Ward
1. For each one of the points below come up with one example of how it can be achieved. For example - searching for ways to create relevant celebrations: 1. Birthdays, some kids love birthday celebrations 2. Ask students in a text to share one positive experience they had this week that you can share with the class in an announcement
Foster and stimulate a compassionate environment by...
- Asking authentic questions and listening to responses
- Searching for ways to create relevant celebrations
- Connecting via extra-credit questions through text, email, phone call
- Demonstrating we care through our actions and words
- Discovering ways to build trust through authenticity and transparency
- Empowering the disenfranchised (apathetic and/or struggling learners) through peer-led workshops rather "tutoring"
- Remembering to be human
- Maintaining a positive outlook
- Considering how perspective can alter perception
- Reflecting upon what you can and cannot control
2. In addition to the list presented share one new method.
3. What methods have you tried? What were the results? Which methods will you try?