Peter The Great
One of Russia's most famous tsars
About Peter the Great
- He was six and one half foot tall, handsome and strong
- he was very simple in his manners.
- Yet again he drank heavily
- Did not tolerate dishonesty
- Was very terrible with his anger
- Was cruel when he encountered opposition.
Peter is just so great!
- Peter Alekseyevich Romanov was a Russian czar or ruler
- known for creating a strong nation.
- He established a strong navy and modernized his army.
- He was an active ruler and left such an impact that he made Russia out of the medieval times that by his death, Russia was considered a leading eastern European state.
- His reforms had an impact on on the domestic political structures of Russia.
When in rule he set up foreign policies which were divided into four sections:
- Strengthen diplomatic relations
- Access to the Baltic
- Internal expansion
- Access to the Black Sea
Party Animal for a Russian Ruler
- Peter the Great hosted wild drinking parties at mon plaisir.
- It was a house specially designed for the purpose of partying.
- Peter had a mad drinking group 'the Most Drunken Synod'.
- Peter wrote the group's commandments and one of them being that the members are to get drunk every day, and might never go to bed sober.
- The synod organised the wildest and wackiest parties imaginable.