THE WEDNESDAY MESSAGE!
The Official Weekly of Salford Hills Elementary School
SEPTEMBER 12, 2018
Magical Summer of Reading
The Totals Are In!
Over 220,000 minutes read by our students this summer.
SASD BIG BASH This Weekend!
SASD Big Bash & Car Show
Saturday, September 15th, 2018
We hope you have seen the information circulating about the upcoming SASD Big Bash being held at SAHS on Saturday Sept. 15th from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. It's HOMECOMING WEEKEND! We really hope that you will stop by and see what it's all about. There
is a lot happening, please come and be a part of it!
Date: Saturday, September 15th, 2018
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Location: Souderton Area High School – 625 Lower Road, Souderton
Admission: FREE for the Big Bash; $15.00 entry fee for Car Show
Please see the Big Bash flyer.
Every SASD school, and several SAHS clubs will be a part of this day. Each organization will directly benefit from the funds that are raised at their booths. This is one of the easiest ways for you as a parent or community leader to offer your support.
Here are a few things to look forward to:
• Sports Clinics: The SAHS Athletic Department has pulled together 1-hour clinics for all kids from grades K-8. For $10.00, bring your child to try it out! Clinics are run by SAHS coaches. The funding from these clinics will support SASD Athletics. *times and locations on the Sports Clinics flyer
• School and Club Booths: Every school in the district will have a table with activities or items for purchase. Please come and support your school, and better yet, support all schools in SASD as well!
• Drive for Excellence: Bergey's Buick GMC is partnering with the IVEF and providing an opportunity that will allow us to earn up to $10,000!! Buick will donate $10 for every test drive. When our event exceeds 100 test drives, Buick will double their donation to $20, up to a maximum of $10,000. The more drivers we have, the closer we get to our goal. Proceeds will go to support music and the arts in our schools. A little bit of your time, without obligation, and you will have made a difference! Childcare during your drive will be available! *Must be age of 21 or older with a valid driver's license.
• Car Show: Calling all car enthusiasts who like to share and talk about their cars. For a $15 registration fee, we welcome you to come, park and enjoy a day with our community. See the Car Show flyer.
• Local Police and the Perseverance Fire Company will be on hand with their cars and trucks to explore. A wonderful way to get to know the first responders and thank them for their service in our community.
• MUCH MORE! LOVE Food Truck, Big Red Food Co., DJ...Come hungry and spend some time enjoying a great event!
When we come together, we all do better! We look forward to seeing you at the SASD Big BASH! For more information and continued updates, be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Volunteers Needed at the SASD BASH
Can you join us Saturday?
Hello Salford Hills Families!
Souderton Area School District will be hosting a Big Bash on September 15 from 10 AM to 2 PM at the High School. Salford Hills will have a face painting booth to raise money for our school.
We are looking for volunteers to help face or arm paint VERY simple designs. Come to this unique community event and volunteer for an hour to help us raise funds.
Please click THIS LINK to sign up for your time. We are beyond appreciative for your help.
Salford Hills Home and School Association
Volunteering at Salford Hills
Yahoo! We've enjoyed the kindness of many families who filled out the volunteer form...BUT... we need many more to help run the fun school events. Would you please consider filling out the volunteer form below and give an extra helping hand?
Hands Across the Distict
Welcome back to Salford Hills, and welcome to all new families! Please consider volunteering your time for our wonderful children. Our Home to School sponsors many fun activities throughout the year for our students, and we need lots of helping hands to create these special memories! Please fill out the form below, and become part of our team. We have so many flexible opportunities to get involved. Lots of jobs can be done from home. Thank you for volunteering!
Mandatory TB Testing for Volunteers
Hands Across the District Volunteers TB Testing Dates October 15, 16 and 17, 2018
Hours are 8:30 am to 11:45 am or 1:40 pm to 3:15 pm
It is that time of year when the Souderton Area School District is offering FREE TB testing for all the volunteers that are new to the school or have not had a PPD/TB test in the past.
It is part of my job as Hands Across the District Coordinator to see that every person wanting and willing to volunteer at Salford Hills Elementary School has a TB test. This is for the safety of all of our children as well as a State law for anyone who is in school helping for any length of time. You only need to have it done one time for all the years that you will be volunteering, but it does require two short visits to the school nurse to have this done. One time is to receive the TB test and a second brief visit is required to have this test checked.
If you have never had a TB test please call our school nurse, Mrs. Bealer @ 610-287-9197, option 2, to set up an appointment with her to have one administered on one of these days.
Also, if you cannot make any of these days or times please call Mrs. Bealer and try to schedule another time with her to have this done.
When you do stop in please don’t forget to sign in at the office and then go to the nurse’s office.
Thank you for taking the time to do this.
Molly Manoukis-Hands Coordinator
267-261-8264 or email@example.com
Please Update Your Student Image and Work Consents
REMINDER: Please Update Your Student Image and Work Consents
Dear SASD Parent/Guardian,
The District recently revised its policy and guidelines for the use of student images and the publication of student work.
We are asking that you review these guidelines and indicate your consent for the use of your student’s images and publication of his/her work.
Please review Souderton Area School District's updated Student Image Guidelines and updated Student Work Guidelines and indicate your consents by logging on to the Parents & Students > Update Contact Information link below:
*Note: Please log in using your Home Access Center user name and password.
*Use the "CLICK HERE TO UPDATE IMAGE AND STUDENT WORK CONSENTS FOR YOUR CHILD(REN)" link at the top of the page
The deadline to specify your consents is Friday, September 28, 2018.
Thank you for your attention to this matter.
It's Book Fair Time Again!
Hello! It's book fair time once again. This year the Fall Fair is on Tuesday, October 2nd from 9:15-3:10 in the Salford Hills Gym. As always, we really need help with set-up, clean-up and everything in between! The volunteer schedule is set up in two hour increments, but if you need flexible times, we can make it work! Please use the Sign Up Genius link to volunteer. Thank you in advance for all of your help. This wonderful event would not be possible without your efforts.
Please contact Mrs. Pfeil in the library if you have any questions.
Radial Symmetry in Third Grade
Girls on the Run
Back to School Bash!
Friday, September 21, 2018 5:30 – 7:30 PM
Salford Hills Spirit Wear at the Back to School Bash!
School Spirit Day
School Meeting 1:00 PM
Yom Kippur - No School for Students and Teachers
Student Picture Day
Student Picture Day
Home and School Back to School Bash 5:30 PM -7:30 PM
Salford Hills Elementary School
Fundamentally committed to each other, we at Salford Hills are a caring community of learners who value each individual’s intrinsic worth and potential.
In our supportive environment, learners are encouraged to achieve high standards by developing responsibility for their learning through authentic experiences that require hard work, critical thinking and reflection.
Learning is a process that positively impacts the future.