Four Nests... One Family News
First Day of School Updates 2022
Rockledge Elementary School
Location: 2300 Mariner Drive, Woodbridge, VA, USA
School Hours: Monday thru Friday, 9am-3:40pm
The doors of the school open at 8:55am daily. Staff will be outside to monitor arrival at that time.
If arrival is after 9am, families will need to sign their child in through the front office.
'Twas the Night Before the 1st Day of School
Hello Rockledge Families,
The first day of school is HERE! We were so excited to welcome everyone back to the halls of the Rock during our Open House Event today. We enjoyed seeing and connecting with everyone.
Below is a lot of important information, including items that must be addressed before the first day of school.
As you help your child pack a backpack and pick out the outfit, they love most for the first day, it will be helpful to take a pause and have some important conversations. Have a conversation with your child about your family's plan for arrival and dismissal. If riding a bus, practice walking to the bus stop and home together. If a walker, practice walking to and from school. It would be helpful to have children follow their routine for arrival and dismissal beginning the first day.
Please read the information below carefully and do not hesitate to reach out to the school if you have any questions. Please also take a second look at our Welcome Back Families Newsletter for more important details, https://www.smore.com/p90g8.
Your Principal & Assistant Principal,
Upcoming Important Dates
BACK TO SCHOOL PACKET, TEACHER INFO, BUS INFO
Back to School Packet: Emergency Cards & Annual Updates
- Now available to complete in ParentVUE.
- All families should complete the Back to School Packet as soon as possible, but no later than Friday, September 16, 2022.
- The information you provide will allow school staff to ensure the safety of your child this school year.
- If you need assistance, or do not have an active ParentVUE account, Cristina Rodriguez or Evelyn Ayala in the front office.
Instructions for completing Back to School Packet (click here)
Arrival & Dismissal Practices: Help Us Keep Our Children Safe
Every family has a different plan for how their child will get to and from school daily. As we start another school year, make sure to talk to your child about your family's plan.
CHECK OUR WELCOME BACK NEWSLETTER FOR FAMILIES FOR ALL TRANSPORTATION DETAILS
Crossing Guards: Keeping Kids Safe
Mariner Ln & Pilgrim Dr
Harbor Dr & Mariner Ln
Clipper Dr & Mariner Ln
BREAKFAST & LUNCH
Rockledge will offer healthy meals every school day. This year meals will return to a pay system, unless your family qualifies for free or reduced meals.
Breakfast costs $1.50
Lunch costs $2.50
Click here to see the monthly school meals menus
Click here to sign up to have monthly menus emailed to you
How to Pay for Lunch:
Funding student meal accounts can be done in several ways.
- You can send a check or cash in to the school, send in an envelope with your child's name, teacher name, and marked "cafeteria". We will make sure this money is added to their account.
- Fund your child’s account online via MySchoolBucks. Read about how to add funds to a student's meal account.
Free & Reduce Meal Applications Available
This upcoming school year, only students that qualify for free and reduced meals will receive free meals. Read more >>
The fastest way to apply for meal benefits for your child is to apply online at http://pwcsnutrition.com/. Online applications are typically processed within 48 hours of submission.
If you do not receive notification by September 5, please contact the Food and Nutrition Department at 703-791-7314 for assistance.
School Nurse Information
Ms. Kristen Lynch will be joining the Rockledge Community this school year. Please note her contact information below and a link to health and medical forms.
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Below please find the latest updates about COVID protocols:
- Isolation for students will be five days (reduced from 10 days).
- Students and staff who are COVID-19 positive will isolate for five days with a return on day six if they are asymptomatic, or symptoms are resolving, and they have been fever-free for 24 hours. Students and staff will wear a mask when returning on days 6-10. There is no masking requirement if the student or staff member has a negative test result on day six. There is no requirement for staff or students to provide the school with a negative test result.