Your Weekly Update from Memorial Elementary School
Dear Parents and Guardians,
It is hard to believe that June is finally upon us. As I finish up this first year at Memorial, I would like to thank the many parents who have come to see me throughout this first year at Memorial. I look forward to continuing to build relationships and supporting such an amazing school community . To have a good understanding of our parent body is very important to enable the school to meet the needs and aspirations of our families and students.
Most importantly our students have enjoyed another fabulous year. It has been great to be able to bring back so many of our school traditions and events throughout the year. With the support of this amazing Memorial staff, our students have excelled academically and grown social emotionally. As we finish up the last few weeks of school, our academics continue alongside all of the end of the year events and celebrations. Let's finish the year strong!
POINT OF PRIDE
Memorial Alumni Open Time Capsule
Things You Need to Know
1. Please let us know ASAP if there are any changes to your plans for the next school year for your children? If you plan on moving or transferring to another school please contact our office staff with that information. You can call or email, Maura Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, if your contact information should change please inform us so that we may update for any communication that comes out during the summer months.
2. With lots of events and field trips coming up, please make sure your CORI is complete.
3. The Natick Public Schools is excited to be offering Orchestra to 3rd and 4th grade students and band to 4th grade students for the 2023-2024 school year! Please find attached a flyer for our annual Instrumental Showcase which will take place on Tuesday, June 13 from 5 - 7pm. Students moving up to 5th grade may also attend. During this time students will have the opportunity to see, hear, and touch the instruments that will be offered for both orchestra and band. For even more information about our programs and how to register, please go to...
4. A reminder for parents that the deadline for transportation registration for next year is June 30th. Here is a link to the website for registration:
5. IF YOUR CHILD HAS MEDICATIONS AT SCHOOL:
It is the parent's/guardian's responsibility to pick up their child's medication at the end of the school year. Any medication not picked up by the closing bell on the last day of school will be destroyed per MA state regulations and NPS policy.
LINK TO NPS MEDICATION FORMS AND INFORMATION: https://sites.google.com/natickps.org/nps-health-services/home/medication-administration
The Memorial PTO is a parent and teacher run, non-profit organization committed to enhancing and enriching the education of our students and fostering a sense of community within our school. The PTO provides assistance to teachers within the classroom settings, raises funds for educational materials and experiences, advocates school and family social interaction, and provides an unbiased forum for sharing information on issues that impact our students. We believe in cultivating a positive learning environment to allow for students to achieve their highest potential. Please become an active participant in the PTO. Below is the link to their website:
or email them at:
- Title I: Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title II
- Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990Title VI
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964Title IX
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- MGL, Ch.76, Section 5: Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 76, Section 5