FAC Weekly Update
November 15, 2019
Good afternoon, Fine Arts Center Family
I hope you had a wonderful week! We had a lot of great things happen this week, and need to give a little public "shout out" to those who went above and beyond for our students.
- Thank you to Mrs. Shank-Major for organizing the Peace Paper Project for our students! Mrs. Shank-Major worked tirelessly to secure our visiting artist, acquire funding for the project, and coordinate with our friends at Wade Hampton to allow some of their students to get in on the experience. It was a wonderful opportunity for our Visual Arts, Creative Writing, and Architecture students.
- CONGRATULATIONS to Mrs. Danielle Knox on being named the Fine Arts CenterTeacher of the Year for 2020-2021! Mrs. Knox was bestowed this honor by her colleagues, and she is most deserving of the recognition. Bravo!
- Thank you to those individuals/families who came out to Sidewall Pizza this Wednesday in support of our Visual Arts Department!
- Thank you to our students for being fully-invested in the Raise Craze fundraiser, and thank you to the multitude of people who have contributed to this endeavor. More details about our progress are listed in the section below. Please also join me in thanking Kelly Hazel and Kimberly Daley, who have worked tirelessly behind the scenes to keep Raise Craze running smoothly!
Here is the latest from the halls of the FAC...
This Week's Student Leadership Lesson
“Attorney Kerry Randall said, ‘Contrary to popular opinion, life does not get better by chance, life gets better by change…This change always takes place inside; it is the change of thought that creates a better life.' Improvement comes from change, but change requires confidence…For that reason, you need to make confidence your priority.”
(John C. Maxwell, THE MAXWELL DAILY READER, page 246).
Raise Craze Update
We had another amazing week of fundraising through acts of kindness. Thank you for your continued support! As of today...
- There are 323 students registered - 49 more than last week, but still about 110 shy of having 100% participation. Let's get everyone in the game!
- We have collected $24,695 in donations - over twice the amount of our target goal - and have 12 days remaining to continue to raise funds!
- We have completed 370 acts of kindness! This is the key to the fundraiser - students must keep active with the acts of kindness all the way to the end.
- Students who individually raise $200 get to participate in the tye-dye party that will be held after the conclusion of the fundraiser!
For daily updates, follow us on social media and be sure to check out the Leaderboard at
Is Your Child Registered? Registration Link: my.raisecraze.com/AX28KH9
1. Enter your student’s name
2. Select at least 3 Acts of Kindness
3. Enter 5-10 email addresses of potential supporters. Raise Craze will send all emails, reminders and thank you notes. Emails will never be shared with third parties or used for marketing.
Need help getting started? Check out the Raise Craze Instructional Video at raisecraze.com/
instructional-video/ or contact Kim Dailey at email@example.com.
FAC Visitation Day - next Thursday!
Parents - we need volunteers to help us! Please click on the following link to access the signup genius - https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090e45ada82daafc1-visitation.
Don't Miss the Upcoming FAC Theatre Production!
Support Our FAC Students as they Perform in the Community!
- Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol at the Logos Theater - https://ci.ovationtix.com/35062/production/1006503
- The Nutcracker, presented by the Greenville Ballet - Saturday, December 14, 3:00 p.m. at Furman University’s McAlister Auditorium. Guest artists from the Dance Theatre of Harlem. Tickets through Ticketmaster or Furman University’s Timmons Arena Box Office.
- Holiday Art Show and Silent Auction, benefitting Living Bread and featuring FAC musicians and visual artists - https://www.eventbrite.com/e/holiday-art-show-and-silent-auction-tickets-51071553391
- Play it FWD - Sunday, December 8 - featuring FAC musicians and benefitting http://www.windriverservices.org (see below for poster advertisement) - https://donorbox.org/playitfwd2019
Did we miss anything that features our students? Please email Mr. Popat with information.
APPLICATIONS for the 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
All FAC Students must apply yearly for admission to the Fine Arts Center. The application for the 2020-2021 School Year is now available on our website - http://www.fineartscenter.net. The application closes on December 20, so please be sure to handle this task ASAP. Kindly note that there are some open-ended questions on the application that our returning students need to complete. We expect our students to reflect on the questions and respond thoughtfully.
Did you know that you can help support the Fine Arts Center when you shop on Amazon.com? Here's how...
- Go to https://smile.amazon.com - You may need to log into your Amazon account at some point in this process
- A popup box appears to select a charity.
- Type in “Fine Arts Center Partners” in the search box, click enter.
- Click on the select box next to “Fine Arts Center Partners” in the list of search results.
- Click on the checkbox that says “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support Fine Arts Center Partners.”
Want to help raise funds for the Fine Arts Center? Simply shop at Publix! Click on the following link for directions and information - https://corporate.publix.com/community/corporate-campaigns/publix-partners.
Friday Studio Access
Studio access will end on Fridays at 4:30 p.m. This applies to all Fridays. Please be sure that you have wrapped up your activities by that time and have arranged for prompt transportation.
Studio Time - Week of November 25
- Monday, November 25 - until 6:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 26 - until 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday-Friday, November 27-29 - School Closed
Please spread the word to your Greenville friends and family about our concerts, events, and performances!
- November 20: Jazz Concert - 1:30 p.m. Class - 7:00 p.m., Recital Hall
- November 21-23: Fall Theatre Production - "Anon(ymous)", 7:00 p.m., Black Box Theatre
- December 5: Voice Studio Concert - 7:00 p.m., Recital Hall
- December 9: Theatre Presentations - 7:00 p.m., Black Box Theatre
- December 13: Winter Dance Offerings - 7:00 p.m., Black Box Theatre