February 15, 2016
What's happening this week...
1. word families: ob, od, og, op
2. word families: review using C-V-C rule, short vowel a, i, u, o
3. consonant s_ blends: sc, sm, sn, sp, st, sw
4. word families: _ice, _ide, _ike, _ile
5. word families: review sneaky e words, decoding and writing
1. one complete sentence, spells short vowel words (CVC), forms letter correctly
2. two complete sentences, topic in 1st sentence, pronouns
3. two complete sentences, opinion in 1st sentence, spells long vowel words (sneaky e)
4. three complete sentences, plan, pronouns
5.13 - Pet Bar Graph
5.14 - Attributes Spinner Game
5.15 - Introduction to the Number Grid
5.16 - Number Grid Search Game
Social Studies - Presidents
Science - Plants
Also, that you for the very generous birthday gift! I love shopping at Target. It was very thoughtful of you all!
The 100th Day of School
The 100th Day of School is quickly approaching and so it’s time for us to start planning the festivities. This year, we are planning a special, family project:
The 100th Day Cape!
Make a cape that your child will wear on the 100th day of school. You can use a plastic tablecloth (The Dollar Store!), cloth, or a pre- existing cape. Each of these capes needs 100 of something on it. Maybe you can stick 100 stickers on it, 100 googly eyes, 100 punched designs, 100 paperclips or 100 letters ...the limitations are only up to our creativity and what the cape is capable of holding for the duration of the day!
Our 100th day of school will be on Monday, February 22nd. Please make sure your child’s cape project is completed by then. If you are unable to complete this project with your child, please let me know as soon as possible. We don’t want any child to not have a special cape for this day and we will need time to make other arrangements.
Make this a fun, family project!
100th Day of School - Parent Volunteers
Monday, Feb. 22nd, 9:30-11:30am
Prairie Winds Elementary School, Monument, CO, United States
RSVPs are enabled for this event.