Coaching 4 Ps
Review, Preview, Praise and Problems: May 2-6
- Visited third grade classroom on Monday to model administering Fountas & Pinnell BAS.
- Visited second grade for John Collins guidance.
- Prepared schedule for Henry Dembowski's visit May 10. Met with administrators to discuss ideas and teacher volunteers for the day of the visit.
- Planned next step inquiry lessons with third grade teacher.
- Met with current fourth grade teacher to begin discussing plans for her first year in fifth grade.
- Continued organizing Summer reading books.
- Help set up for dance Friday night.
- Prepared and set up for Pre-K reading celebration on Thursday.
- Put away games and materials from reading celebrations.
- Met with kindergarten teacher to plan for John Collins lesson with Henry Dembowski next Tuesday.
- Worked with kindergarten class on Type 1 writing about the 5 senses.
- Met with third grade teacher to discuss math prompt for Tuesday's John Collins lesson.
- Conduct a type 2 "Senses" lesson in kindergarten classroom to continue prep for Tuesday.
- Meet with third grade and fifth grade teacher to finalize plans for Tuesday's writing visit.
- Attend info session presented by WOMS on summer reading for fifth graders.
- On Tuesday, observe several lessons taught by Henry Dembowski from John Collins Writing Program. After each lesson, attend a debrief and Q&A with teachers who observed the lessons.
- Continue to prepare Summer reading materials. Gather books k-5, Summer reading logs, and tips for parents.
- Attend district coaches' meeting on Thursday.
- Help with Muffins for Mom on Friday.
- The pre-K reading celebration was HUGE fun! I love that we have readers from the youngest to oldest learners.
- I appreciate the willingness of the teacher volunteers for our writing lessons on Tuesday as well as the willingness of all of our teachers to work their schedules around the lesson observations.
Potential Speed Bumps (not really problems)
I do not see any new potential bumps for this week.