THE CAT CHRONICLES
The Modern Extinction Crisis (April 27, 2016) By Brody B.
Its understood by many that our planet is amidst its sixth mass extinction. Its been calculated that since the rear 1800, our planets species extinction rate is up 733%. In case you don't get it, EVERYTHING'S DYING. And not just bazaar animals that nobody cares about. These are animals that people love! For example, its predicted by the way things are continuing, the TIGER, not just one random species, but the ENTIRE tiger population might go extinct in the wild by the end of 2016. And its not just tigers, 90% of are closest relatives, apes. Are endangered. Actually, were part of the ten percent that isn't. You are an ape. I am an ape. Your mom is literally an ape. Also, amphibians are the ones most effected. Since there skin and lungs are very sensitive, air and water pollution is killing them by the thousands. Extinction rate is up 30,000 times it was once thought o be. 12% of all birds are endangered. and the list goes on.
(want to advertise here? Call 242-786-7658)
Orangutan among the most critically endangered apes.
Confiscated tiger pelts found in India.
Four different tiger species being awesome.
HUMANS TO BLAME
In total, earth has had five mass extinctions, meaning that many species went extinct In a short period of time. The most popular is no doubt when the dinosaur went extinct. The most common theory is that an asteroid hit earth. But that's not the worst one. The worst is the Permian mass extinction where a whopping 96% of species went extinct. All known organism are relatives to that 4%. Again what most people think is that a set of volcanic eruptions went off and made the water shallow killing many aquatic species. Sorry for the history lesson, but hey. You learn something everyday. But the point i'm trying to get at is that all other mass extinctions have been 100% natural. Where theirs absolutely nothing that any of the animals could've done to stop it or cause it. But flash forward 65 million years and you'll find a new species running the show, one so ignorant that they don't even see themselves as animal. That kill each other for no reason, that kill other things for no reason. You, humans. 99% of endangered species are that way because of humans. The leading reasons are deforesting, which we mentioned before. Global warming (which exist no matter how many politician say it doesn't). And water pollution. These are all things that are caused by businesses, and corporations. And most of the reasons for these things are for pointless things like tooth pick, you have nails guys! Or stuff like beauty products. Its not that these things absolutely need to go. Its just that we need to stop making so much extra stuff that we actually need to throw it away. Some of the most cruel places are the ones that have embedded themselves so deep into our society. That its almost impossible to get rid of them. Like, McDonald. People know its literally killing them, people know that there treating there animals terribly. People know that half of it cant even be considered food. (Fly wont even eat it)! But people eat it, and it makes money, lots of money. And you may be thinking that if its so bad that the government would ban it, but know it makes them money to. And as long as it makes money, it will stay. No matter how many animals, koala, cows, chicken, panda, etc... That it kills.
DO YOU LIKE ANIMALS?
DIGGING OUR OWN GRAVE
HOW TO HELP
- Spay and neuter your animals to prevent over population.
- Don't litter. Not only will everybody silently judge you, but they will also infect you when the mosquito apocalypse starts.
- Volunteer at shelters instead of sitting on your phone in your free time. Your guaranteed to get three times the likes and views if you post a selfie with a litter of kittens then of your duck lips.
- Try not to eat a lot of meat. It doesn't matter where it comes from. Those animals are raised from day one to be slaughtered. Like the hunger games, but more animal. You can eat greens to get the same amount of protein.*
- Try not to eat meat that's from big company or fast food restaurants. They mistreat there animals and give them drugs. (Not the good medical ones). It may be expensive, but you'll use the money you save from not eating as much.
- Don't get an animal that you cant take care of. This kind of thing is just plain stupid. We get it, you want to save an animal, but if you cant take care of it, then its just going to feel more pain when you let it go. A better way to help would be to volunteer!
- Try to use company's that don't use palm oil. Palm oil is the main cause for deforestation. Visit here for more info http://www.ucsusa.org/global-warming/stop-deforestation/palm-oil-scorecard-2015#.VyON8XErLnA.