Programs & Events Reminder
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
Here are a few quick reminders concerning events and programs at Skyridge this month.
- Geography Bee Assembly on Monday, January 14.
- NEW DATE: Wellness Series Part 2: Should We Be Worried? The second of three conversations with parents and students will be at Discovery High School on Thursday, January 17 at 7 PM.
- Camas Sister City Trip Sign Up Deadline is Friday, January 18.
- January deadline to purchase Yearbook at $25 is Friday, January 18. Next opportunity to buy will be March when the price increases and there will be no nameplate with the student name on the yearbook.
- NO SCHOOL on Monday, January 21 for MLK Day of Service.
- Late start on Thursday, January 24. School will begin at 11:00 AM. Buses will arrive at the bus stops 2 hours later than the originally scheduled time.
- All-day Jazz Festival on Thursday, January 24 @Clark College.
- End of Term 3 is Friday, January 25. Be sure to check Skyward for late assignments prior to this date.
- NO SCHOOL on Monday, January 28 for Grading Day/Semester Break.
- NEW DATE: FLASH Sexual Health Curriculum Night @Odyssey Middle School on Wednesday, January 30 at 6 PM.
- Intramurals Season 3 begins Monday, February 4. Chess and Table Tennis will be offered. Intramurals are Mondays and Wednesdays or Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4-5 PM. Register through FamilyID. Intramurals are $10 each activity each season. ASB card required but no sport fee nor physical is needed.
- Girls 7th and 8th grade basketball tryouts are Friday, February 8, Monday, February 11, and Tuesday, February 12. 7th grade will tryout from 4-6 PM and 8th grade will tryout from 6-8 PM. Athletes must be signed up through FamilyID before participating in tryouts.
Unity Week Monday-Friday, January 14-January 18. Our ASB has planned activities that bring awareness to the effort to stop Bullying. Encourage your student to participate and share the experiences with you.
PICKING UP STUDENTS EARLY
Please email or call the office before 2 PM to notify staff. Picking up students during the final 30 minutes of the day without notice can take several minutes as students are in one of seven locations with flex study (ELA, math, science, health, gym, study hall, or library). Email Victoria.Wood@camas.wednet.edu or call 360-833-5806. Voice mail is checked often.