The LaCrosse Play-by-Play
News from Mrs. LaCrosse's 2nd Grade Classroom
We also added class money to our behavior chart. You should see your child's behavior charted each day (this comes home in the red folder and is returned each day). Because money is taught continuously throughout the year, the second-grade teachers thought this would be a fun way to integrate money into each day! I know the students were excited to shop at our class "store" and spend (or save) their hard-earned money!
Please ask your child:
- What books are in your book box?
- Tell me about read-to-self time. Where do you choose to read? What are the expectations during this time?
- What did you read about this week?
- You read a book called One of Those Days. What ideas did you get from that text? Did you write any of them, or are the ideas still in your Tiny Topics notebook?
- What pieces of writing are in your writing folder?
- What did you learn about editing your writing?
- How can you add detail to your writing?
- Tell me how a writer can create a good lead.
- What is a pictograph? What are the important parts of a pictograph (title, key, categories, symbols/pictures)?
- You learned that some pictures or symbols can equal a number different than one. Where do you look to know how many you count by (the key)?
Enjoying some peaceful reading time!
A student shares a strategy she used during Writer's Workshop.
Students share their work!
The Week Ahead...
Monday is PICTURE DAY!! Please have your child dress his/her best. :)
Wednesday (morning): I will be at a district meeting in the AM. I will return after lunch!