Donald Trump's Youth
By age 13 it was evident to his parents that he lacked discipline, so they sent him to the New York Military Academy. Trump did well there both socially and academically, and became a star athlete and student leader by the time he graduated in 1964
How It Started
: "On October 7, 1999, Trump announced the formation of an exploratory committee to inform his decision of whether or not he should seek the Reform Party's nomination for the presidential race of 2000. Later he told Fortune magazine: "If I feel I could win--win- -then I'd run. I think I have a good chance... Hey, I've got my name on half the major buildings in New York... I went to the Wharton School of Finance, which is the No. 1 school. I'm intelligent. Some people would say I'm very, very, very intelligent." He added that he had written three best-selling books, with the clarification, "Not bestsellers. No. 1 bestsellers." Then he concluded with, "You know I am the highest-paid speaker in the country?"
Books he wrote
- Trump: The Art of the Deal (with Tony Schwartz), Random House, 1987.
- Trump: Surviving at the Top (with Charles Leerhsen), Random House, 1990.
- Trump: The Art of the Comeback (with Kate Bonher), Random House, 1997.
- The America We Deserve (with Dave Shiflett), Renaissance Books, 2000.
- Trump: How To Get Rich (with Meredeth Mciver), Random House, 2004.
- Trump: Think Like a Billionaire(with Meredeth Mciver), Random House, 2004.
- Trump: The Way to the Top,Random House, 2004.
- Trump: The Best Golf Advice I Ever Received, Random House, 2005.
- Why We Want You to Be Rich: Two Men, One Message, Rich Press, 2006.
- Trump: The Best Real Estate Advice I Ever Received: 100 Top Experts Share Their Strategies, Thomas Nelson, 2006.
- Trump 101: The Way to Success, Wiley, 2006.
- Think Big and Kick Ass in Business and Life, HarperCollins, 2007.
- Trump: Never Give Up: How I Turned My Biggest Challenges into Success, Wiley, 2008.
- Think Like a Champion: An Informal Education in Business and Life, Vanguard Press, 2009.
- Midas Touch: Why Some Entrepreneurs Get Rich and Why Most Don"t, Plata Publishing, 2011.
- Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again, Regnery Publishing, 2011.
Some Of The Things He Owns
· the Trump Tower, Trump Plaza, and Trump Parc"
· "Trump Marina Hotel & Casino"
· "For a while, he owned a football team, the New Jersey Generals, of the defunct United States Football League."
The TV Show He Was On
· On the show, The Apprentice contestants vie for an opportunity to become his next employee. If they fail, the contestants are released with peremptory, "You're fired!" from Trump. The popularity of the phrase even led Trump to seek trademark status for the phrase."
- "Selected Websites on Donald Trump's Life and Works." Gale Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2008. Biography in Context. Web. 13 May 2016 this is his official website link
"Donald Trump." Newsmakers. Detroit: Gale, 1989. Biography in Context. Web. 3 May 2016. this source is about Donald's youth and personal life
- "Donald John Trump." Gale Encyclopedia of U.S. Economic History. Ed. Thomas Carson and Mary Bonk. Detroit: Gale, 1999. Biography in Context. Web. 3 May 2016. this is about his more personal life and some of the things he owns
"Donald Trump." Gale Biography in Context. Detroit: Gale, 2015. Biography in Context. Web. 13 May 2016. this is picture of him
"Analysis of the G.O.P. Debate in Detroit." NYTimes.com Video Collection 2016. Biography in Context. Web. 13 May 2016. a video about how he didn't rely attack people
"What Does Trump Mean for the G.O.P." NYTimes.com Video Collection 2016. Biography in Context. Web. 13 May 2016. and how he is getting peoples attention
"Trumps Changing Stances on Health Care." NYTimes.com Video Collection 2016. Biography in Context. Web. 13 May 2016. he want's people to have help
"Donald J. Trump." The Writers Directory. Detroit: St. James Press, 2015. Biography in Context. Web. 13 May 2016. this is where I found the books he wrote
"Trump and Christies Evolving Roles." NYTimes.com Video Collection 2016. Biography in Context. Web. 13 May 2016. it shows that he is going to gain allies
"Fact Check: Texas Republican Debate." NYTimes.com Video Collection 2016. Biography in Context. Web. 13 May 2016. how the other presidential nominee's lie about donald