MP3 Week 8: Course Announcements
This Week's Mission: Sell it!
We talked about the different ways to "sell it" in chat last week! So, this week we add the final step "sell it" to our design template, if you haven't already done so! Unfortunately, due to copyright laws, we are not allowed to use Zimmer Twins at school to "sell it." However, that doesn't mean you still can't design your own ad!Sell it!
How will you convince others to use your invention? Design an ad or commercial to sell it! Think about including:
- What does your invention do?
- How is it different or better from other inventions?
- Who should use it?
- You can write, draw, or make a video for your ad!
*Remember, "Try it", "Tweak it" & "Sell it" are not required. You have a greater chance of being a finalist in the Invent It Challenge if you include those steps and you will get extra credit points in Inventions!
Example: Sell it!
What do I need to upload to moodle this week?
- Below are 2 different links to the design template in power point form. The 1st link you should be able to open as a power point type right onto the template. The 2nd link you can print out and write and draw on (I deleted the words on the title page so they won't be in your way).
- Use the power points to create your final draft of your template by making any changes you feel you need to make from your rough copy. Feel free to add color, pictures, backgrounds, whatever you want to make you template interesting!
- You may also make a video, use google slides, or Libre office!
- You can just complete steps 1-4 (title slide, think it slide, explore it slide, & sketch it slide). These steps are required to enter in the Invent It Challenge (if you're interested) and required for full credit in Inventions.
- Or, for a better chance at being a finalist in the Invent It Challenge, include steps 6 & 7 (Try it & Tweak it). These steps are encouraged by me, but not required for full credit in Inventions. However, if you're looking for some extra credit, you can do steps 6 & 7 even if you're not entering your invention in the contest.
- Any questions about the Challenge, click below to be taken directly to the Smithsonian ePals Invent It Challenge website.
*Remember, it may not be possible to build a prototype of your invention and it is not a required step to enter in the Challenge. A good design sketch along with what materials you would use if you could build your invention is fine! Remember, we talked about different ways to make prototypes in chat last week!
*If you want to enter your Invention in the Challenge It Contest, I must have all final submissions by 3/15.