News from the hospitality team at UCOL Palmerston North
Best Amateur Baker
Are you the best amateur baker in Manawatu?
We are looking for the best amateur baker in Manawatu.
This could be you so 1st thing 1st you need to bring us your best cake, pie or desert it can be an old family or one your friend and family love.
This is the My Bake challenge.
My bake Challenge: This challenge is for the amateur bakers to show off their tried-and-tested recipes that are rustic and altogether home-made-looking.
The top 16 entries will then go into the next round.
The technical challenge were youwill be shown a classic bake.
Then you have to reproduce it for us.
UCOL Technical Challenge:
This challenge shows who can follow instructions, but who also has the technical knowledge and experience to produce the finished product.
The bakers are all given the same recipe and a demo by UCOL lecturer.
You are not told beforehand what the challenge will be.
1st prize is a full scholarship on the NZ certificate Baking and Pastry course semester 1 2017 click here.
2nd prize is a baking book
3rd prize is Gilmour’s voucher (to be confirmed) to the value of $150.00
In order to apply you must
- Be 15 years of age and over.
- Resident in the Manawatu.
- Never have worked as a full-time baker, cook or chef
- Have an income that is mainly made up from commercial baking in a professional environment (restaurant, hotel, canteen, bakery, shops, etc).
- Not have any catering or other qualification in baking, cooking, food production, food preparation or catering. (school NZQA level 3 and below allowed)
- Email for a entry form click here