all about the bubonic plague
How is it transmitted?
How is it treated?
ways to prevent getting the plague:
- Eliminate nesting places for rodents around your home.
- Avoid picking up dead animals.
- Don't let animals sleep with you.
- Use insect repellent so you don't get flea bites.
- The song Ring around the Rosy is based on the bubonic plague.
- The most recent case was in 2011 and the victim survived.
- A long time ago the plague was called "The great mortality."
- Nobody suspected fleas or rodents as causes for the disease.
"...Such fear and fanciful notions took possession of the living that almost all of them adopted the same cruel policy, which was entirely to avoid the sick and everything belonging to them. By so doing, each one thought he would secure his own safety.