Summit Middle School
Library and Technology News - Student Edition
Students and Parents,
I hope everyone is doing well. I am looking forward to warmer weather!
This month the students will participate in an "All Edmond" March Book Madness. Each week we will go through one round and students may vote on their favorite books. Check out our bracket in this newsletter. At the end of the month, we will have a favorite book chosen from all the middle school students in Edmond.
Reminder: Please return your library books. If you have lost a book, use Spring Break as a great time to look for that book. Let me know if you still can't find it.
March Book Recommendations
This month's virtual book recommendations are based off of our
March Book Madness tournament. Students can read the summary
of each book that will be voted on for each round.
Here is the voting schedule that will take place in English classes.
Sweet Sixteen- March 1st-5th
Elite Eight- March 8th-12th
Final Four- March 22nd -26th
Champion- March 29th-April 2nd
Top 10 Summit Library Books from the Past 30 Days
- Focused by Allison Gerber
- Dork diaries: tales from a not-so-popular party girl by Rachel Renee Russell
- Guts by Raina Telgemeier
- The Night Gardener by Jonathan Auxier
- Other words for home by Jasmine Warga
- Best Friends by Shannon Hale
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid : the meltdown by Jeff Kinney
- Diary of an awesome friendly kid: Rowley Jefferson's journal by Jeff Kinney
- Free Lunch by Rex Ogle
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Summit Teachers' Book Recommendations
Students, make sure you come see the book recommendations from Mrs. Mendenhall,
Ms. Smart, Mr. Jameson and Mrs. Stephenson.
Coming Soon - Scholastic Book Fair - April 1st-9th
- Don't forget to charge your Chromebook every night.
- Power off your Chromebook at least once a week.
- A quick fix for many Chromebook problems is to just remove the user and Power Off.
- Close tabs that you are not using; the more tabs that are open--the slower your Chromebook will be.
- 6th graders: Charge your chromebooks using the port on the right side.
- If you are not at school and your Chromebook is broken, please go to Tech Central at 1216 S. Rankin St., Edmond. Hours of Operation are 8 am - 4pm, Monday-Friday.
Summit library media director
Feel free to email or call me anytime you have questions or concerns about tech issues, our library, books, databases or Chromebooks.