Larva Migrans (Dog Roundworm)
What is Toxocariasis?
Where and Who does it effect?
How to prevent.
- Take your pets to the veterinarian to prevent infection with Toxocara. Your veterinarian can recommend a testing and treatment plan for deworming.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after playing with your pets or other animals, after outdoor activities, and before handling food.
- Teach children the importance of washing hands to prevent infection.
- Do not allow children to play in areas that are soiled with pet or other animal feces.
- Clean your pet's living area at least once a week. Feces should be either buried or bagged and disposed of in the trash. Wash your hands after handling pet waste.
- Teach children that it is dangerous to eat dirt or soil.
How to treat Toxocariasis
"YUDJINA." Toxocariasis. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Sept. 2015.
"Biology." Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, n.d. Web. 22 Sept. 2015.
"Worms in the Big Apple: Identifying Patterns of Toxocariasis Infection in New York City - EveryONE." EveryONE. N.p., 15 Sept. 2014. Web. 22 Sept. 2015.
"Larva Migrans Infections (Visceral And Cutaneous): Clinical Manifestations, Diagnosis And Treatment." HubPages. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Sept. 2015.
"Introduction to Diagnostic Medical Parasitology - Toxocariasis." Introduction to Diagnostic Medical Parasitology - Toxocariasis. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 Sept. 2015.