SHISD Mid-Week Message
Weekly Superintendent's Message for Spring Hill ISD
District of Innovation
This week the Board of Trustees approved the final draft of a plan that will allow Spring Hill ISD to assume the designation of a District of Innovation. This has been a long and fruitful process of empowering several teachers, leaders, staff, and parents to dream big and help build the future of Spring Hill ISD.
Please go to shisd.net and take a moment to look at the plan and the hard work of the committee.
The plan will stay posted online for 30 days for public input.
The best is yet to come. The next step is to bring parents and students together to add to the conversation about what our classrooms look like, what we ask our students to create and produce, and what makes the SHISD educational experience the best in the state of Texas.
With Great Pride,
-Superintendent of SHISD
- State UIL Qualifier in Ready Writing (2nd place) Avery Barnhill
- State UIL Qualifiers in Social Studies (1st) Braedon Sims and (6th) Matt McFatridge
- Mrs. Simpson's (INT) father-in-law passed away
- Mrs. Warr's (HS) daughter had surgery and needs some good thoughts and prayers
- Mrs. Murray (HS) needs prayers over the health of her granddad
- Mrs. Lee's (JH) mother-in-law passed away recently
- Mrs. Cobb's (INT) grandmother passed away recently
- Mrs. Clear's (PRI) sister passed away recently
- Ms. Wiggins (PRI) mother-in-law passed away recently
- We also had a student whose father passed away and a former student pass away
Please keep these family members in your thoughts and prayers.
2017-2018 Instructional Calendar
Great Video from the HS Day of Service!
SHIS and Heritage Mitsubishi team up to help student in need
The Intermediate Student Council and Heritage Mitsubishi teamed up to sell bracelets in honor of Braylon . Braylon is a 5th grader that is fighting cancer. With a donation from Heritage Mitsubishi, STUCO was able to purchase bracelets and then sell them for $1.00 each. Fifth grade Student Council members presented a check to Braylon and his family in the amount of $849.00! The picture above is Braylon with his 5th grade STUCO friends and his check! We are so proud of the efforts the students and staff have shown to support Braylon in his battle with cancer! #SH4BC
The Stock Market Game
Jr. High Celebrates Librarian Day!
Results - Panther 5K & 1 Mile Bunny Run
Thank you to those of you who were able to come out to the Panther 5K & 1 Mile Bunny Run on Saturday morning. We had a great turn out and a great time! It was so much fun to see our Panther families and staff members participating! If you would like to see all of the results from the race you can go to: https://www.timeandmeasure.com/current-results.html
All of the runners and walkers did a great job! We want to congratulate the following people who received a medal for placing 1st-3rd place in the 5K:
Male Overall Winner ~ Drew Bassett
Female Overall Winner ~ Amy Griffith
Male 10 & Under:
1st Place ~ Javier Glave
2nd Place ~ Brady Meyer
3rd Place ~ Lawson Chandler
Female 10 & Under:
1st Place ~ Blaire Bodenheimer
2nd Place ~ Abbye McFaul
3rd Place ~ Hannah Fiscus
1st Place ~ Marshall Bodenheimer
2nd Place ~ Haden Bray
3rd Place ~ Craig Hunnicutt
1st Place ~ Sam Schott
2nd Place ~ Maz Morton
3rd Place ~ Riley Johnson
1st Place ~ Kalen Barlow
1st Place ~ Lani Walker
2nd Place ~ Jordan Alford
3rd Place ~ Meagan Gibbons
1st Place ~ Erik Vaca
2nd Place ~ Reggie Robinson
1st Place ~ Kelly Meyer
2nd Place ~ Tanya Walling
3rd Place ~ Kathryn Davenport
1st Place ~ Stephen Smith
2nd Place ~ John Borens
3rd Place ~ Craig Schmidt
1st Place ~ Paige Childers
2nd Place ~ Kelly Semlear
3rd Place ~ Elizabeth Hutcheson
1st Place ~ Owen Glave
2nd Place ~ Tracy Vincent
1st Place ~ Camille Devance
2nd Place ~ Linda Platt
3rd Place ~ Linda Martin
1st Place ~ Bob Ziemba
2nd Place ~ Robert Platt
3rd Place ~ Dan Fiscus
Congratulations and thank you for your support!
Check www.shpanthernation.org for updates
Azalea All-Star Game
Ronnie and Blake represented Spring Hill at the Azalea All-Star Game at Tyler Junior College last weekend
Coach Latham helps a doubles team at the Jr. High tennis tourney
ETPCU Scholarship Winner - P White
P White was a recipient of the East Texas Professional Credit Union's student scholarship. She is pictured with High School Principal Denny Lind, her most influential teacher Mrs. McFatridge, and her parents Monica and Tony White! Congratulations!
Azalea All-Star Game
SH Baseball had a great week
All three teams had a successful week. Overall we went 6-0.
JV2 outscored Longview High by a total of 36-24. We won both games. Game 1 was 17-10 and Game 2 was 19-14. We also turned a triple play in game 2. Great job!
JV started the week with a 16-3 win over Gladewater. They followed up that win with another victory over Chapel Hill by a score of 14-6. Great job of letting the other teams in our district know that we have talent coming up in the future.
The Varsity posted two wins of their own. The week began with a 7-3 win over Gladewater. On Friday the team had its best offensive game of the year by beating Chapel Hill 9-5. This gives us a 3-0 record in District play. We are tied with Kilgore on top of the standings.
Jr. High Tennis Competes in Van
This past Saturday, our Jr. High competed in their first tournament of the year in Van. Here are the results:
In the A division:
- Girls Singles - Maz M played in a round robin and finished 1st place, winning all her matches!
- Boys Singles - We had an all Spring Hill final where Jake C and Carter D played against each other. It was an intense match against them both, but Jake finished in 1st place and Carter finished in 2nd place.
- Boys Doubles - We had two teams compete. Carson B and Brody B and Jason M and Antoine N. They competed in a round robin and after it was all finished, there was a three way tie for 2nd place. Our two doubles teams tied for 2nd place!
- Mixed Doubles - Kenzie G and Brian V played a lot of close matches and took home the 3rd place medal.
- Girls Doubles - Hadleigh C & Maylea M also played in a round robin. They won all their matches to bring home the 1st place medal!
In the B division:
- In her first tournament, Mia T played in the singles tournament and made it to the finals where she lost to bring home the 2nd place medal!
- Boys singles - We had another Spring Hill final where Zack C and Jayden M met and played each other for 1st place. Zack finished in 1st place and Jayden finished in 2nd place. Cooper T also competed in this tournament. He played against a tough opponent from Van and won 8-6 to move into the quarterfinals where he would play against Zack C. Playing a tough match, Cooper lost to Zack.
- We had one team for the Boys Doubles. Will S and Owen T played in their first tournament. They had a bye in which they advanced to the semifinals of the tournament where they went up against Van. They unfortunately lost to them and played against Wills Point for 3rd place. Will and Owen picked up the pace against Wills Point to come back an win 3rd place!
- Hannah H & Logan B were our mixed doubles team in the B division. This was their first tennis tournament. They both battled hard playing in a round robin losing their first match but winning their second match to finish 2nd and bring home the 2nd place medal!
Our Panthers all battled hard and never gave up! A lot of great players that will continue to grow and develop their skills leading up to their District Tournament!