Advocating for Our Oceans
Help fix the worldwide problem of ocean pollution!
Too many species are going extinct at too fast of a rate
Ocean fisheries are fished at or beyond capacity
Sea level rise brought about by climate change will displace hundreds of millions of people this century and will increase the risk of violent conflict
Chemicals and trash kill ocean life
Dead zones caused by fertilizers
Laudato Si: The Issue of Water
The Ocean Needs Our Help!!
Follow them on social media @savingoceans!
Global Ocean Refuge System (GLORES)
How YOU Can Help GLORES
- Become a GLORES partner
- Make a gift to GLORES
- Post links to globaloceanrefuge.org on your website
- Mention GLORES to the media, in your presentations and on your social media channels
- Promote strong and effective marine protected areas, the types GLORES seeks to secure
- Connect us with marine protected area activities in different locations around the world
- Share your research on marine protected areas with us
- Become an editor/contributor to MPAtlas, an interactive resource to learn more about marine protected areas around the world
- Join the GLORES newsletter list and get the latest updates delivered straight to your inbox
How to Advocate: Contact US!
Senator David Perdue
contact him @
Senator Johnny Isakson
Find out who your representative is and email them!