Blythewood Middle Media Center
2nd & 3rd Quarter News for 2013-2014
What have we been up to in the media center?
- Author Lisi Harrison came to Blythewood Middle!
- Middle school student job shadowed Mrs. Swetnam in the BMS library!
- Spring Book Fair
- Annual Read Across America
Quick Library Statistics!
4,078 items circulated (That's an increase of 785 items this time last school year! )
35 class visits to the library (3 less than last year)
2,998 items circulated (Even with all the show days this is an increase of 826 items from this time last year! )
28 class visits to the library (7 more than last year!)
Author Lisi Harrison and BMS student
Student job shadow in our school library!
BMS Administrator and Richland 2 middle school student
Spring Book Fair
Thanks to our BMS family for supporting reading in our school by purchasing from our spring book fair!
2nd Quarter Classroom and School Library Collaborations
- Art research with Ms. Burgess with first semester classes
- Author Lisi Harrison Literary Cafe with Mrs. Whisenant and Ms. Russ' eighth grade ELA students
- Website evaluation with Mr. Ellisor's sixth grade Science students
- Legend Research with Mrs. Brown's seventh grade ELA students
- Infographic research with Mrs. Dissinger's eighth grade Science students
- The Outsiders Literary Cafe with Mrs. Pace's seventh grade ELA students
- Infographic research with Mr. Abernathy's sixth grade Social Studies students
- Infographic research with Ms. Greene's seventh grade Social Studies students
Product The Outsiders Literary Cafe in Mrs. Pace's ELA class
Infographic from Mr. Abernathy's Social Studies class
Infographic from Mrs. Dissinger's Science class
3rd Quarter Classroom and School Library Collaborations
- Genetic Videos with Mrs. Eisele's seventh grade Science students
- Art research with Mrs. Burgess second semester students
- Digital Media students created videos and auras about WWI
- Roman replica videos & auras with Mr. Abernathy's sixth grade Social Studies students
- Human body videos with Mrs. Schuldes' seventh grade Science students
BMS students dive into augmented reality!