Jen b Bulletin
Junior English, Senior CCR, and All Things Middle College
Middle College Update 2/11/2016
Hello, Students and Families!
Please check your mail for the updated transcript; Chris mailed those out earlier this week.
All schedule changes were completed by the deadline on 2/2; students should not drop classes at this point.
The yearbook committee is hard at work on creating this year's yearbook. Information has already been sent to students on how to purchase their yearbook. Yearbooks are between $15 (soft cover)-$23 (hard cover).
We are still recruiting for next year's class. We are looking for 60 new juniors and 5-10 new seniors to join MC. Our remaining information meetings are Wednesday 2/17 at Cañada, and Tuesday 3/1 at SUHSD. The meetings are from 6:30-7:30pm. If you know of any sophomores who might be interested in MC, please send them the flyer linked below or let them know about our upcoming information meetings. YOU are our best source of publicity!
Middle College Information Flyer Link
Middle College Information Meetings/RSVP
- English III: Students are the midst of Invisible Man and will finish the book next week.This unit is challenging their thinking about race relations, self-discovery, and imposed ideologies.
- US History: Students are moving into the Great Depression after making movies about the 1920's.
- CCR 1: Students will begin exploring college options, discussing study strategies, and doing some SAT prep practice as well this semester.
- English IV: Students are wrapping up 1984, then moving into Brave New World after the long weekend.
- Government: Students are enjoying the weekly debates on constitutional issues and examining the election process.
- CCR 2: Second semester seniors in Middle College work on two big projects: a period-long senior presentation for their class, and a contributing project of their choice. Students chose from among such options as: creating the MC yearbook, planning graduation, designing new MC marketing materials, creating a senior class video.
Financial Aid Information
The deadline for completing is March 2, but completing it sooner is better than later as some schools are "first-come, first-served."
Also check out the Cash for College Workshop -- there are three remaining workshops:
Feb.17 at Woodside HS, 7-9pm
Feb.20 at Sequoia HS, 8:30am-12:30pm
Feb.23 at Menlo-Atherton HS, 7-9pm
Feb.12, 15 Presidents Holiday
March 3, 4 Staff Days (No MC or college classes)
March 28-April 1 Spring Break
May 23-27 FINALS
May 26 MC recognition celebration 3pm Cañada Theater