- Cotton comes from the united states, China, India, and Egypt.
- cotton has many advantages it's extremely versatile, and doesn't cling.
- The disadvantages of cotton is that it wrinkles unless treated, and it shrinks in hot water.
- silk comes from China, India, South Korea, Brazil
comes from russia
comes from a manufacture
- Wool comes from Australia, New Zeland, South Africa, United States (for apparel); Russia, China, Argentina, Turkey (for carpets)
- Wools advantages are that it's Very versatile; provides warmth; durable; resists wrinkling; absorbs moisture; resists abrasion; naturally flam resistant
- Wools disadvantages- Damaged by moths and other insects; Shrinks; absorbs odor
- Lyocell comes from a manufacture.
- Advantages- exceptional strength, soft drape; very absorbent, dyes beautifully
- Disadvantages- wrinkels; susceptible to mildew and silverfish
- Uses- suits, dresses, jackets, coats, specialty papers, medical dressings, conveyor belts.
- Nylon comes from a manufacture.
- Advantages- very strong, resilient; dries quickly
- Disadvantages- may yellow or grey; heat sensitive; low moisture absorbency
- Uses- swimsuits, blouses, jackets. carpets, tents, car tires
- Acetate comes from a manufacture.
- Advantages- silk-like appearance; soft and drainable; dries quickly
- Disadvantages- may wrinkle, low abrasion resistance; heat-sensitive; damaged by acetone
- Uses- blouses, dresses, wedding and party clothes, linings. draperies, upholstery
- Polyester comes from a manufacture.
- Advantages- excellent wrinkle resistance; strong blends well with other fibers
- Disadvantages- absorbs oily stains; low absorbency of moisture.
- Uses-100% or bends for shirts, pants, suits. sheets, table-cloths, fiberfill in parkas and comforters.
- Olefin comes from a manufacture.
- Advantages- strong and light weight quick drying resistant to abrasion
- Disadvantages- doesn't absorb moisture; heat-senstive
- Uses- shirts underwear, socks for active
- Spandex comes from a manufacture.
- Advantages- excellent elasticity and recovery; stronger and more durable than rubber
- Disadvantages- damaged by chlorine bleach; damaged by heat.
- Uses- elastics, underwear, swim-wear, active sportswear