"The Leopard Print"
Update From Rio Vista Elementary
Puedes traducir esto, buscar "Translate"
Week of November 13th, 2023
11/15 Minimum Day (Parent Conferences)
11/16 Minimum Day (Parent Conferences)
11/16 PTA Board Meeting (8:30am)
11/17 Non-Student Day (Parent Conferences)
11/20-11/24 THANKSGIVING BREAK
Minimum Day Schedule (Wednesday, 11/15 and Thursday, 11/16)
NO SCHOOL FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 17th
Family Health Matters (FHM) Resources
PYLUSD's Family Resource Center, (FRC) in partnership with Family Health Matters, will be offering free assistance with MediCal and CalFresh applications. The FRC is located next to Topaz Elementary. Please review the flyer for more information including documents you will need. Call 714-714-1259 to schedule an appointment.
El centro de recursos familiares de PYLUSD, en asociación con Family Health Matters, ofrecerá asistencia gratuita con las solicitudes de MediCal y CalFresh. El FRC está ubicado al lado de la escuela primaria Topaz. Revise el folleto para obtener más información, incluyendo los documentos que necesitará. Llame al 714-714-1259 para programar una cita.
World Kindness Day
13 Ways to Share Kindness
1. Random Acts of Kindness: Perform small, unexpected acts of kindness for strangers or acquaintances. Pay for their coffee! Who doesn’t like a free cup of coffee?
2. Volunteer: Dedicate your time to volunteer for a cause or organization you are passionate about.
3. Listen…REALLY Listen: Take the time to listen to others without interrupting or judging. Show empathy and understanding, making others feel heard and valued. We should do this every day.
4. Give a Compliment to Someone: Focus on their skills and not just on how they look…although that works too!
5. Donate to Charity: Contribute to a cause you care about by donating. This can be in the form of money, goods, or time.
6. Hold the Door Open: It’s simple but it makes people feel good AND it’s polite.
7. Call someone special: Pick up the phone and call someone to say hello and let them know you were thinking of them.
8. Share Your Skills: If you have a particular skill or talent, share it with others. This could involve teaching someone a new skill or helping them improve in an area where they struggle.
9. Express Gratitude: This is our focus for the month of November. Send a card, say thank you, or let someone know that you are grateful to have them in your life.
10. Practice Patience: In a fast-paced world, practicing patience is an act of kindness. Whether waiting in line or dealing with a problem that may seem annoying, maintaining a calm and patient demeanor can positively impact those around you.
11. Forgive: Holding onto grudges can be emotionally draining. Practice forgiveness and let go of resentment, both for your own well-being and for the well-being of others.
12. Lighten Someone’s Load: Ask someone if you can help take some work off their plate OR carry something to their car.
13. Spread Positivity: Share positive messages and content on social media. In a digital age, spreading positivity online can counterbalance the negativity on these platforms.
Remember, kindness doesn't have to be grand; even small, consistent acts of kindness can make a significant difference in the lives of others.
Rio Vista Featured in District Good News Report!
NOW HIRING!! Special Education Aides
This is a really fun "gamified" program that students love using, which they will have access to at school and at home. They practice a "back to basics" curriculum and earn points that allow them to personalize their home page.
Teachers and parents will all be receiving an email from Reflex Math this week with instructions for how to set up classes and add students.
State Preschool is Available
English: Rio Vista Families, our Free State Preschool Program, is enrolling children 3- 4 years of age by or before December 1st. Families will be pre-screened to determine eligibility based on income. Our Preschool Program has achieved the highest quality Star Rating from the Orange County Department of Education. For more information, please call 714-986-7247.
Spanish: Familias de Río Vista , nuestro programa preescolar estatal gratuito está inscribiendo a niños que cumplan 3 a 4 años el 1ro de Diciembre o antes. Las familias serán pre-evaluadas para determinar la elegibilidad según los ingresos. Nuestro Programa Preescolar ha obtenido la calificación de estrellas de más alta calidad del Departamento de Educación del Condado de Orange. Para obtener más información, llame al 714-986-7247.
Please Help Us With Attendance!
Remember that instruction begins at 7:50am. Supervision and free school breakfast are available starting at 7:25am, so we encourage you to plan your drop-off for between 7:30-7:40am each day.
*Our overall attendance was over 93% last week which is an improvement and closer to how we started the year. THANK YOU!!
**We need your help with tardies! We begin instruction AT 7:50am, so please arrive early enough for students to get all of their instructional minutes
Parking Lot Reminders
Please do not walk in the wheelchair accessible area (marked by blue stripes) where we load students into the cars.
Also, please do not park along any red curb as that space needs to be available for emergency services in the case of an emergency. Please be courteous to our neighbors and do not park in front of anyone's driveway.
Make sure to remind your students to pay attention at the dismissal area. If we have to call them more than 3 times and they do not come to the loading zone, we will ask you to go back around in line and we'll try again.
Thank you for working together to keep everyone safe!
Please Contribute to our PTA!
Every dollar Rio Vista receives from PTA dues goes directly to students in the form of field trips, supplies and materials for hands-on learning, and structural upgrades in classrooms such as new flexible seating furniture in the library and computer areas.
Use the QR code below to join!