Monday Memo, February 8, 2016
Funkstown School for Early Childhood Education
For the week of Monday, February 8th to Friday, February 12th
OUR VISION: Inspiring Curiosity, Creativity, and Achievement
OUR MISSION: Building a learning environment that meets the needs of every student, fosters mutual respect, and social responsibility which is enhanced by strong partnerships between home, school, and community.
News, Notes and Reminders
- Please check your mailbox at least once a day.
- WCPS offers many professional learning opportunities. PD opportunities can be found in this WCPS: https://www.smore.com/4dk1h
- The Social/Wellness Committee has planned another event to lift your spirits. On Tuesday we will celebrate Mardi Gras and Valentines Day by sharing our favorite food items. There is no sign up sheet but the committee hopes you will contribute by bringing something to share. Thanks everyone~ there is never any shortage of food!!
- I heard some discussion of a team getting together for the Cycle event next month. Please see Nick if you have an interest in being on the Funkstown Cycle Team.
Monday, February 8th
- Happy 100th day to our Prekindergarten teachers, staff and students! And thanks to K teachers for last weeks fun activities for our Kindergarten students.
- Kindergarten CFIP meeting 11:45 to 12:15 Please let Tammy know before 11:00 am if you would like items added to the agenda: https://docs.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/document/d/1OgFN1fUUnKJz0KkOqndXbGGp1FtCFNqTo2yfeGLhdng/edit?usp=sharing
- Leadership team meeting 3:00 pm Tammy's room. Please speak with Melissa, Jill or Tammy if you would like discussion about a particular issue for the good of all at Funkstown. The current agenda can be found here: https://docs.google.com/a/wcboe.k12.md.us/document/d/1TdEPjKA4GRfqQbyK40K6J0Lt5ff97ZU3TmaALcYQm6w/edit?usp=sharing
Tuesday, February 9th
- PreK CFIP 11:00 to 11:30 - Melissa and Devon's room. The agenda for this meeting is the same as the one for K meeting on Monday.
- Mardi Gras & Valentines celebration- remember to bring your favorite food item to share with everyone in celebration of these two special February days.
Wednesday, February 10th
Thursday, February 11th
Bridget Stine at Case Managers meeting in the morning.
- Monday, Feb. 15th, President's Day, school/CES closed
- Thursday, Feb. 18th, PreK to Kinder Konzert
- Monday, Feb. 22nd, Faculty/Staff meeting. (This is a change from our usual day of Tuesday for this month only)
- Read Across American Week/Dr. Seuss' Birthday, March 2nd.
- Kindergarten to Fairview Outdoor School, March 17th.
- End of third marking period, Friday, March 18th.
- Professional Learning Days for teachers - Monday/Tuesday - March 21st & 22nd.
- Spring Break - March 23rd through March 28th.