- All bus students in grades K-4 must wear a face mask if they are riding the bus. All grade 4 students must wear a mask and the grade 3 students in the grade 3/4 combined classes are strongly encouraged to wear a mask.
- All non bus students will be dismissed at 3:35 each day. Please make sure to have a "meeting spot" arranged for your child to meet you if they are being picked up
- If a student arrives late to school, please have them come in through the front doors to check-in at the office before they go to their classroom.
- If a friend or relative is picking up a child from school the parent/guardian needs to notify the school or classroom teacher by 3:00 p.m. the same day. If the friend or relative will be regularly picking up your student please have them added to the parent/guardian approved pick up the list at the office
Remembrance Day Program
Please note that we do not print or email report cards. To view of print your child's report card please log into your Parent Portal account and choose Report Card from the menu on the left.
More information on Parent Portal can be found at the end of this newsletter.
**UPDATED: Virtual Parent Teacher Conferences November 26
We have changed our Virtual Parent Teacher to MONDAY NOVEMBER 9th from 2:00-5:30
You will need to sign up for a 10 minute conference time through the Parent Portal and you will receive a link for a "Google Meet" from your child's teacher via email.
Sign up open Nov 5 at 11am.
We raised $1,091.50 through our NES Terry Fox Run
Thank you for supporting cancer research. Mrs. Doell reports that NES students put for an OUTSTANDING effort in their run.
These feature large, illuminated overhead signs, with alternating flashing amber lights on top. Large rectangular bars are painted on the crossing.
As a driver
• It’s illegal to pass traffic ahead of you that is slowing down or has stopped for pedestrians.
• Make sure the pedestrians have safely crossed the street or have safely reached the median of a divided roadway before proceeding.
• No parking or stopping is allowed within 15 metres of a pedestrian corridor.
We have been placing pylons out during crosswalk times to indicate the 15 m spacing that should be left between cars and the Pedestrian Corridor. If you are turning left onto Main Street from 4th Ave South, you will need to yield to the cars stopped at the crosswalk and not turn in front.
Thank you for helping us get students safely to and from school!
What Should I Do If My Child Is Sick?
Learning Support Corner
Please communicate any changes to medication or health care needs to your child's teacher as soon as they occur. Ensure that their medications, including inhalers and epi-pens are current. All medications have expiration dates.
If your child requires medication to be administered at school, a form is available at the office for you to fill out. All prescribed and over the counter medications must be in the original containers and liquid medications must be accompanied by a syringe or measurable spoon.
Information for medic alert bracelets is available to the office.
Virtual Lost and Found
Here are the items left in our Lost and Found in the month of October. It will be cleaned out this Friday, November 6. Claim any items that are yours. The Lost and Found is located just inside our front doors by the office.
Religious Exercises at NES
PARENT PORTAL/STUDENT INFORMATION
The HSD Parent Portal is a communication tool designed to enhance and increase parent/guardian involvement in the education of their children by providing secure online access to their child's student information. With a single username and password, you can access data for each of your children attending an HSD school. The Access IDs along with setup instructions have been sent via email to all eligible parents/guardians of new students. If you are new to NES and did not receive the specified email, please contact the school office at 204-388-4861.
Please take a few minutes to review the student information and contact information for your child. It is important that the school has current address and contact information for your child in case it is necessary to reach someone during the school day. Changes can be made through the parent portal.