Reinforcing the TEKS through Independent Reading
Results from the Independent Reading Survey
-The results shown will highlight what Schulze is already doing to keep students accountable for their independent reading.
Schulze Classroom Examples- Will be updated at a later point
Reading & Writing Connection
Examples & Ideas
Reading Response Journal
Coding the Text
Time to Collaborate
2. Log into Engrade and check out the current six weeks or the next six weeks.
3. Work with your team to pull some of the Readiness objectives.
4. Create some Independent Reading accountability pieces you can takeaway and implement.
1. Flip your playing card over. Look for the same suite in order to find your team.
2. Every person will have 1-2 minutes to share their accountability piece.
Once you and your students are in the groove of things be sure to tweet a picture! #SchulzeLearns
Donohue, L. (2008). Independent reading inside the box: How to organize, observe, and assess
reading strategies that promote deeper thinking and improve comprehension in K-6
classrooms. Markham, Ont.: Pembroke.