Middle School South News....
May 7, 2018
Early Voting Dates and Times:
Monday, May 7 – Friday, May 11, 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Saturday, May 12, 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Monday, May 14 – Friday, May 18, 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Saturday, May 19, 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Monday, May 21, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Early Voting Locations:
Cabot Library, 909 West Main Street
Ward Chamber of Commerce, 80 West Second Street (May 14 – 21 only)
Tuesday, May 22
Polls open 7:30 a.m. until 7:30 p.m.
For a complete list of polling sites, please visit www.2018lonokecountyelections.com.
Message from Mrs. Hanna...
Well...the year is about to come to an end and I will have to say, it has been a wonderful year.
A few reminders:
Cabot High School Graduation is Friday, May 18th. It will be a 2:00 dismissal day.
Last day of school is Thursday, May 24th. It will be a 1:30 dismissal.
Please check with your child's teacher for end of the year award ceremonies and/or end of the year celebrations.
Information below about the MSS Talent Show on Tuesday May 15th, 5th grade 9:00 A.M. 6th grade 1:00 P.M.
If you have another email you would like for me to use or you would like to be removed from the Middle School South News...please email email@example.com.
Principal, Cabot Middle School South
Cabot Middle School South Student Talent Shows
Tuesday May 15th
5th grade 9:00 A.M. 6th grade 1:00 P.M.
Audition Registration Guidelines
1) Each student must present their talent in front of peers and teacher as an audition. This is expected to be an act that has been practiced and completely ready on that day. Students are responsible to bring all music, props, etc. needed for their audition.
2) Solo acts will be given a numerical score in two categories-Talent Ability and Stage Presence. Group acts will also be given a score based on ability to perform together as a group, each one knowing their part. Please see scoring rubric on back.
3) The talent show will be limited to the top scoring acts for time purposes. Each act is allowed a maximum of 4 minutes.
4) All members of group acts must turn in a registration form signed by student and parent/guardian. Once your group has auditioned, you will not be allowed to add new members or make substitutions to people in your group.
5) Singers must use accompaniment (karaoke) tracks only. We want to hear the student’s voice, not the original artist.
6) Songs being used for any performance should only have language appropriate for a middle school classroom. You must attach a copy of lyrics to this registration form for approval.
7) Dance should be appropriate for middle school classroom. Any moves that are questionable need to be approved by your music teacher before your audition.
8) All clothing/costumes/props should meet the guidelines set forth in student handbook.
9) All registration forms must be turned in by Monday, May 7th. Auditions will be held May 8-10th during your Essentials class time.
News from the CMSS Counseling Center:
The mission of the Cabot Middle School South’s Counseling Program is to provide a comprehensive, developmental counseling program addressing the academic, career and personal/social development of all students. School counselors partner with other educators, parents/guardians and the community support of the total educational program.
Jana Terrell, 5th Grade Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole True, 6th Grade Counselor: email@example.com
Please let us know how we can help your child at CMSS.
Click the button to view Cabot School District meal prices plus breakfast and lunch menus.
Click the link to view the 2017-2018 Student Handbook.
Click the Cabot Public Schools Website bar to take you directly to the District Homepage.
Free and Reduced Form is now available online!
Parents can now fill out free and reduced forms online! Check this out:
BOX TOPS MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT MIDDLE SCHOOL SOUTH
Remember to collect those BOX TOPS over the summer to help your upcoming class win some cool prizes!
To receive messages via text, text @mssparent to 81010. You can opt out of messages at anytime by replying, 'unsubscribe @mssparent.
WHAT IS REMIND AND WHY IS IT SAFE?
Remind is a free, safe, and simple messaging tool that helps teachers share important updates and reminders with students & parents. Subscribe by text, email or using the Remind app. All personal information is kept private. Teachers will never see your phone number, nor will you see theirs. Visit remind.com to learn more
CABOT SCHOOLS APP!
Cabot Public Schools is proud to debut its new mobile app.
The app gives parents, students, staff and patrons direct and immediate access to school news, notifications, student info, resources and much more!
All this information is available in one place and right at your fingertips. It’s also free and just a single download away.
The free official Cabot Public Schools app is available right now in the App Store for iPhones and on Google Play for Android users.
If you have an iPhone, to get started visit the App Store and search for Cabot Public Schools or Cabot School District. Once you find it, just click on it to download the app to your phone.
If you have an Android phone, you’ll go to Google Play, and again either search Cabot Public Schools or Cabot School District and download it to your phone.
Once it’s downloaded, you’ll want to explore all the features available. It’s a great place to stay connected.
• Keep up-to-date on the district’s top news stories
• Customize your app to follow and get notifications from the district and/or school(s) of your choice
• Calendar of school events
• Find contact and staff information on each school and departments
• Access student information, grades, upcoming assignments, and cafeteria balances
• If you’re new to the district, find your school and your student’s bus route
• Lunch menus
• Pay cafeteria balances
• Resources for students, parents, faculty and staff
• Provide feedback, suggestions or contact the superintendent
Our new Cabot Public Schools app also automatically translates all this information into more than 50 languages. All you have to do is go to the Settings Icon and select your preferred language.
If you’re not able to download the app, don’t worry. We'll still continue distributing all our information just like we have before through social media, phone calls, texts, emails, website, school announcements, and newsletters. This new app is just another tool to help us connect with you.
*We encourage you to always follow the district (Cabot Public Schools) to keep up-to-date on important information.