Constitutional requirements to be President
- -No person except a natural born, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.
- -No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once.
- Manages national affairs and the workings of the government, can issue rules and regulations known as executive powers and they do not need congressional approval
- He also is the commander in chief
10 Constitutional Powers
- Commander in Chief and Navy of the United States
- executive departments
- grant pardons and reprieves for offences
- make treaties
- appoint ambassadors
- appoint judges
- appoint cabinet members
- grant commissions
- state of the union
- assign vetos
I believe that the most important power is making treaties with other countries because the president must make reasonable and responsible decisions on who to make treaties with and if it would benefit our country and people in it.
Salary, benefits, and perks of being President
The president makes 400,000 annually.
There are many perks that come with being president Some of these perks are: Having a white House staff, which includes chief usher, presidential butler, executive chef, pastry chef, personal trainer, and many more.
- Other benefits are getting to use Air Force one, so no airports, the presidential car, and the recreation that comes with the White House. Some of the recreation would be swimming pool, tennis court, basketball court, movie theater bowling alley, jogging track, and putting green. Presidents can add almost anything they want
Leadership qualities to being the best President you can be
Encouraging dynamic conflict resolutions- This means somebody who is able to come up with solutions to conflicts quickly and solutions that apply to most people. There will be many problems throughout a presidency and being able to handle them properly is very important.
Communicate the message of motivation that gives confidence to a fatigued nation- This means somebody that is good with public speaking. They know just what to say to give people confidence and motivation. Not being able to address the nation properly would be a very big problem.
Trust between the government and the people- You need to be a trustworthy person to run a country. If people believe you are lying to them things will not end well. Trust and honesty are big parts of running a Country. In order for a Country to run smoothly the government and the people to get along and have full faith in each other. This has been a problem in the past because people always think the government is having things from them.
Cross party lines and negotiate the terms of his presidency and the direction of the country- Getting along with leaders of other countries is very important. Every country needs allies and if the leader is not a good negotiator or is disliked for some reason you may not have allies. When there are conflicts between countries the president needs to easily talk and negotiate with the other Countries and come up with a solution.
- Implement smart, measurable, attainable, result-oriented, and time-bound goals the country can support- Most presidents going into their term wit goal to accomplish during their presidency. The goal needs to be beneficial to the country as a whole, has to be able to be accomplished, a good idea, and time manageable.
How I would use my position as President to find a solution to a current challenge facing our country
If I were president of the united states I would fix our gun control problem. This is a very controversial issue so I would do my best to appeal to both sides. I would make a law so in order to buy a gun you must have a thorough background check but not make the process to grueling so you can still easily obtain a gun if you have a secure background. There will not be a ban on how many guns you my own. Now, I know many criminals already don’t have a license to carry, and this law won’t stop all criminals from obtaining guns illegally. To help with that problem I will strongly encourage more people to carry. The more people that have protection for themselves, the more likely they will not be targeted and attacked.
Current gun control sitution
Recently there have been a lot of issues concerning guns and it has really risen the question if gun control. Many people are all for it but others believe it is going against the second amendment, which is the right to bear arms. This is a big controversy that people are not going to let go anytime soon. A decision needs to be made, and people need to deal with it.
The UK enacted its handgun ban in 1996. From 1990 until the ban was enacted, the homicide rate fluctuated between 10.9 and 13 homicides per million. After the ban was enacted, homicides trended up until they reached a peak of 18.0 in 2003. That shows that banning guns does not change the homicide rate.