Spotlight on Success
Using various forms of technology to present information on a specific content area as well as a variety of media to record and present the final product is needed.
* Access the Smore flyer that is embedded into my blog found at http://mcsd-blog.mcbarons.manheimcentral.org/acheym/
The Berlin Wall Falls 1989 NBC Coverage Pt1 (YouTube video clip)
The Berlin Wall Falls 1989 NBC Coverage Pt2 (YouTube video clip)
Nov. 9, 1989: The Berlin Wall Falls (YouTube video clip)
Berlin Wall-History.com (website)
Berlin Wall (image 1)
Berlin Wall (image 2)
Berlin Wall (image 3)
*Open Google docs and create a word document with the concept BERLIN WALL set up as an ACROSTIC down the left hand side of the document.
*Reference the concept of an ACROSTIC by viewing the following link http://www.poetry4kids.com/blog/lessons/how-to-write-an-acrostic-poem/
To create an acrostic, follow these five easy steps:
- Decide what to write about.
- Write your word down vertically.
- Brainstorm words or phrases that describe your idea.
- Place your brainstormed words or phrases on the lines that begin with the same letters.
- Fill in the rest of the lines to create a poem.
*After navigating through the Smore flyer and watching the embedded videos, complete the ACROSTIC for the BERLIN WALL in Google docs and share with your teacher.
*Use the ACROSTIC to support classroom discussion about the BERLIN WALL as well as use it as a study guide for the final test.
*Design a multi-media interactive exploration of the concept and make available for students to access.
*Review how to create a meaningful ACROSTIC.
*Create ACROSTIC using Google docs and incorporate images.
*Use ACROSTICS to support classroom discussion and to serve as a study guide.