Articles Of Confederation
Advantages VS. Disadvantages
Advantages of the Articles of Confederation
- Independence from GB
- Legally bounded the colonies together
- Gave people freedom in their states
- Coin and borrow money
- Decloration of war and peace
Disadvantages of the Articles of Confederation
- The national government could not tax.
- They needed 9 out of 13 states to approve in order to pass a law.
- There was no executive nor judicial branch.
- The national government could not enforce laws.
My opinion on why I think that the designers created a government with a weak central government
I believe that they made the government weak as a trial and error thing. They would see how it went with the states having the power but then after it failed they would create a stronger government to help stabilize the states.