WAYS TO IMPROVE YOUR SELF-ESTEEM
Many teens, girl especially, struggle with self-esteem issues. We at Teenspeak believe it starts with social media. We gathered some girls here today who have struggled with self-esteem issues to give you some tips and tricks on how to stay true to yourself.
* ignore your inner critic - don't let your thoughts take over the way you see yourself.
* live a healthier lifestyle - the way you eat will influence the way you see yourself and the way others see you. If you eat healthy and exercise, you'll feel happier about yourself.
* always keep positive thoughts - no matter what, always try to keep at least one positive thought in your mind. Even if it's the littlest thing.
* focus on doing what YOU really like - if you're constantly doing what other want you to do you won't be happy. For once try doing the things that make you happy.
* take a few moments to appreciate yourself - sometimes you won't think you're worth too much. So each and every day take a minute or two to really appreciate how wonderful you are.
* write down a list of things you love about yourself - everyday take a second to write down the things you loved about yourself that day. Then at the end of the week go back and read them and keep them in mind.
* always do the right thing - it can even be the littlest thing like standing up for someone who is being bullied. Others may not think it's a big deal, but it will make you feel so good about yourself.
* don't expect to be perfect - every single person in the world has flaws, including the people you keep wishing you looked like. Stop doing that, accept YOURSELF flaws and all and move on.
* lower your standards - when you're going for a test or something along those lines, just do your best. Don't push yourself too hard.
* handle mistakes and failure in a more positive way - when you do something wrong or mess up, don't make it such a big deal. There will always be a next time.
* be your own best friend - make sure that you put yourself before you're peers. Sometimes it's okay to be your own best friend.
* be kinder towards others - being nice to someone won't hurt. Stop judging others and be as kind as possible.
* try new things - trying new things will help you figure out who you are as a person, which will greatly improve your self-esteem.
* spend more time with supportive people - always surround yourself with positive people who will make you feel good about yourself and always see the positive side of things. Being around a negative person will always make you feel negative no matter what.